Chapter Thirty-Three: Dana

Dana had already finished washing her hair when their shower was interrupted so she didn't bother to go back in. While Reina finished showering, she got dressed in a white crop top with a pair of blue jean overalls and put on her glasses. She usually wore contacts in public but didn't feel like dealing with them right now. As she finished getting dressed, Reina exited the bathroom and disappeared into the closet to get dressed. Dana went and sat down next to Alex, who had moved onto the couch at the base of their bed and was looking at her phone.

"Oh, you do wear glasses," Alex muttered softly. At Dana's confused look she elaborated. "Just something Celestine said."

Dana shrugged, "Yeah. I don't wear them in public very often. A werewolf with glasses..."

Alex kissed the underside of her jaw before murmuring, "I think you look very cute with them on." Dana blushed shyly as Reina came out of the closet adjusting her sleeves.

"Very cute," she agreed having overheard the conversation with her werewolf hearing. She was dressed in a brown ruffled blouse and high-waisted jeans. After placing the final touches on her makeup, she turned to her mates. "Ready for breakfast?"

"Yes. I'm starving," Dana exclaiming jumping to her feet and pulling Alex up after her. As they left the room, Dana glanced at Alex, "We're going to have to give you the tour later."

Alex frowned looking concerned, "is this really going to be ok? Me being your mate? Queen Maria didn't seem very thrilled."

"Don't worry about my Ma," Reina assured her. "She'll get over it. Plus, it's not like anyone can do something to stop it. We've already mated."

"Yeah," Dana agreed. "You'll just have to catch up with training and what not but Scarlett should be able to help you."

"Scarlett?" Alex asked confused and trying not hide the small pang of jealously that entered her heart. Forgetting that her mates could feel her emotions. Dana just smiled at her and gripped her hand.

"She's just a friend," Reina explained. "She stepped in as a stand-in for Warrior Princess. But she'll step aside now that you're here." Alex frowned doubtfully. In her experience people rarely willingly stepped away from power. However, Reina continued before she could voice her doubts. "Though I would advise keeping her as your second. You'll meet my Mama's second later. She often says that he's invaluable to her duties. His name is Curtis."

Before Alex could ask any more questions, they arrived in the kitchens where to her surprise Tomi was cooking. Dana grinned happily at her mother-in-law. Alex whispered in Dana's ear.

"I would've thought that there would've be like servants or something cooking."

Reina answered for her, "Usually there is but my parents give them the day off after the full moon. Sides my Mama likes cooking breakfast on important days."

Tomi looked surprised at the sight of them, "Hello, girls! I didn't expect to see you this early. You're never up early on the day after the full moon."

"Mama, it's like 1130," Reina said.

"Yeah, which is before noon," suddenly Tomi gasped before squealing in excitement. "Did you finish the mate bond last night!" She rushed toward her daughter and grabbed her jaw lifting so that she could see the now finished mate mark. "Oh, it's so beautiful!"

Alex growled softly at the sight of her mate being manhandled. Even if was by her own mother. Dana gave her hand a gently squeeze assuring her that it was ok.

"Be careful," Maria spoke up from the doorway. "That is my mate," Maria walked toward her daughter's final mate and quietly assessed her. "So, you've mated with my daughter..."