one

"bye moon!!" My dad shouted from upstairs.
"See you soon dad!" I responded as I quickly spirited downstairs, tripping over my feet slightly.

"Shit what's the time?" I mumbled shifting though my tote bag and pulling out my phone.
"What. 11.30?!! Im supposed to be there by now" I said panic in my voice. I grabbed the closest pair of shoes I had, some white Chucky shoes were the first I found, so I slipped my feet in them and stumbled out the door as fast as I could.

I had made plans to meet with my best friend, Ezra. I had known him for a long time since we grew up in the same town and managed to get to the same university together. I would do anything for him, so for this reason I didn't want it let him down by being late.

"H-hey Ezra?" I spoke into my phone as I walked down the busy highstreet strutting with how quickly I was walking.
"Hey moon, where are you at? I'm at the cafe" I heard his tinny toned voice at the other end of the line.
"Sorry I slept in a bit too long...but I'm on my way... And I'm walking really fast" I panted into the phone
"Haha!! Don't worry take your time" I could hear his grin from the other side of the phone.
"Ok see you soon" I hung up and placed my phone into the back pocket of the jeans j had bleached last week and continued to make my walk there.

That day, I had decided to wear a blue navy fleece and some baggy jeans, it honestly wasn't the most stylish but it was decent considering I had only woken up a couple minutes ago. I also put on a bandana which had small teddy bear imprints on them. I was headed to a super cute small cafe above a uneeka store. I'd been there a few times before and the brownies were really good there.

I passed huge crowds of people making their own journeys to somewhere, and after a good phew minutes of fast walking I could see the cafe, decorated with potted plants in the old fashioned rustic windows and a small familiar looking face waving down at me. Ezra peered out of the foggy window and waved down at me as I continued to walk over to the cafe.

I shot him a small wave back gingerly and entered.

"Phew hey I thought you had forgotten to come for a while." He sighed in relief as I flopped only the small chair catching my breath.

"Y-yeah... Sorry let me breathe a sec." I pushed my short black hair away from my eyes and placed my hands on my knees.

"You sure we're walking fast then huh..." He scoffed

"Yeah, I was I didn't want to be any later than I already was" I smiled back at him and looked out of the window. The cafe was two stories so I was able to look down at all the other people walking around and making their daily commute. I loved living here, so many new faces and things to do, I couldn't be more lucky really.

"Ok let me buy you a drink. Let me guess a brownie and a hot chocolate" he joked around knowing that was my favourite food.

"Yeahh..." I dragged out a little embarrassed at how many times I must have ordered this at cafes. But who cares it's super tasty. Although the sun was out and it was reasonably hot, I still fancied a hot drink, who is to say it's a winter drink, I'll drink it in summer If I want.

I fiddled impatiently with the small flower arrangement on the wooden coffee table Infront of me while I waited for Ezra to return.

"Here you go moomin, one hot chocolate and one brownie" he said proudly placing the food Infront of me as he propped his round thin framed glasses onto the arched bridge of his nose.

"Thank you kind sir" I joked to him and took a sip of the drink, blowing on the foam on top to cook it off a tad.

"Mmh! This is really good" I smiled and thanked him for the drink.