┊04. 友

04.
friend

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

e r i n

"ang tanga mo erin, ang tanga tanga mo." bulong ko sa sarili ko habang inuumpog umpog yung ulo ko sa pader. bakit ba kasi naisipan ko 'pang mag-laro sa gym eh! ayan, may nakakita pa sa akin na player. at hindi lang isa ha, dalawa pa sila.

"oi, new student, are you okay?" my eyes widened when i realized my head banging caught the attention of the guy behind me. "if you want a concussion, you might want to bang it a little harder."

"i'm fine." sabi ko nalang sa kanya. teka sino ba to? nakalimutan ko nanaman yung pangalan. daichi? kenai?

"i'm curious," bigla siyang tumayo sa upuan nya at lumapit sa lamesa ko. i didn't realize he was tall. come to think of it, the guys from yesterday were tall too. why are boys so tall here? nakakainis.

"about what." i said nonchalantly.

"how did you learn japanese? did you taught yourself?"

i nodded.

"and you know how to speak english fluently too?"

i nodded again.

"so you know how to speak three languages?! that's cool!"

"thank you."

"do you have any other talents?"

i shook my head. honestly, i don't think i have any other talents aside from speaking three languages and cooking isn't really considered as a talent so i have none.

"well, i play volleyball. it's my second year playing for the school's team too!" he enthusiastically said.

[a/n: in this story kindaichi and erin's a second year. everyone else is the same.]

"no wonder. you're tall, you must be a middle blocker." i guessed.

"woah that's right. how'd you know? do you play volleyball too?"

"i don't but my friends do." i stood up before giving him a quick bow. "excuse me." i said before leaving the classroom.

it's not that i don't want to talk to him. i'm honestly grateful a classmate came and talked to me and i would like to talk about volleyball stuffs with him but i'm really hungry. i wasted enough time banging my head against the wall, now i need to go buy myself some food in the cafeteria.

a u t h o r

"oikawa-senpai, please try the cookies i made last night!"

"no, please take a picture with me first, senpai!"

"oikawa-senpai, look, i bought you a milk bread!"

lunch break just began but oikawa already had his fangirls waiting for him outside their classroom. most of these girls are first years and the first years are located at the second floor. meanwhile oikawa's classroom is located at the fourth floor. just how fast do these girls run?

"why these girls are so in love with you is completely beyond me." iwaizumi said to the captain. "i'll go first." he said before leaving toru.

"w-wait for me iwa—"

oikawa could'nt finish his sentence when a certain girl caught his attention. she just happened to pass by him but oikawa was so sure it was her that he excused himself and had to leave his fangirls. he wanted to know who she was. given where they are, oikawa assumed she's a third year. but how? how could he not know her? is she perhaps a new student?

it's a mystery how he remembers her face so vividly. it's as if he already knew her face, which was hard to believe because he only saw her once yesterday yet he's so familiar with her already.

"wait!" he called once he was able to catch up with her.

erin stopped her tracks and turned around. her expression looking more confused than she was a couple of minutes ago. originally, she planned to buy food at the cafeteria but because she realized she ran out of enough time, she decided to buy food from a vending machine instead. she was certain that there was a vending machine above her classroom's floor, but where could it be? and it didn't help that a guy now wants to take some of her limited time.

"what?" she asked him. erin didn't mean to sound rude but her nonchalant voice made it seem like she was irritated.

oikawa was surprised with her reaction. usually girls would look flustered once they realize the toru oikawa calls them. erin, on the other hand, had no reaction at all.

"you.. are you a new here?" he asked.

"yes. what do you want?"

erin's tone lowkey hurt oikawa's pride. aside from his mother and older sister, never did a girl spoke this directly towards him. and to get this kind of attitude from a girl he finds attractive makes it even more embarrassing for him.

maybe it's because erin haven't seen him on the court yet. once she sees him play, surely she'll find him attractive. and so oikawa quickly constructed a plan in his head. he needs her to watch their match. but how? should he become friends with her first?

'that's it!' he thought. since she's new, he'll give her the privilege of becoming her first frie—

"if you have nothing else to say, then excuse me." she said before giving him a quick bow.

"w-wait!" again, she stopped her tracks. "what's your name?"

"and why does it matter?"

"because i want to be your friend." despite erin's annoyed aura, oikawa still managed to smile at her. after all, that was one of his charms.

"i don't."

oikawa pouted. "what? why?"

"i don't even know who you are." she said as if it was a fact. it was true though. oikawa haven't introduced himself yet.

"then you should've just asked for my name." he smirked. "i'm toru oik—"

"excuse me." erin gave him a quick bow and finally walked away. it wasn't because she doesn't want to become friends with him, but he's not even in her class. if she wants friends she would want it to be someone from her class first.

left dumbfounded, oikawa couldn't believe what just happened. he wasn't the type to approach a girl unless he wanted to flirt—but when he does, he makes sure he gets their undivided attention.

erin was a first. which for him, makes her more interesting. he wasn't turned down, he was challenged. and he accepts the challenge.

after all, it's the captain of seijoh we're talking about.