┊14. 懸念

xiv.
concern

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

e r i n

remember when i said i wanted to have a quiet high school life? yeah i don't think that life's for me. apparently, i'm bound to have a stressful high school experience here since day one. it wasn't because i became friends with kindaichi or because i met oikawa. it was all because i let my inner desires get the best of me and played around in a gym i'm not even supposed to be in the first place. the moment i touched the ball that day, my plan was ruined.

but in all honesty, trying to fit in wasn't as bad as i thought it was. i thought that trying to join people's friend groups was the same as crossing borders illegally. that if you passed the gates, even when you're finally inside, you still don't belong. you'll live life on the run. that's what i thought i'll feel if i ever tried making friends.

i was wrong though.

maybe all i had to do to fit in better, was to not hide at all. maybe crossing borders illegally was the wrong way. i could have a life where i don't need to hide, if only i let myself do the right thing earlier, then i wouldn't have anything to worry about. maybe mom was right when she said studying here would be fun. maybe.

"erin-san's gone daydreaming again."

"wanna bet when she's gonna come back?"

"alright. how mu—"

"how about you two continue practicing your receives before i loose my temper again?" i said before scowling at kindaichi and kunimi. without a sound, they gave me a quick bow before they pick up where they left off. unconsciously, i found myself smiling. chuckling as i watch the boys carry on with their practice. as if this was my first day as their manager when in reality, i've been watching them train for weeks now.

"erin-chan!"

i glanced at the direction of the voice. "hmm?" but after hearing a shutter sound come from oikawa's phone, my smile immediately faltered and i felt my usual annoyed expression take over. "delete that."

"nope."

i began walking towards him. "i said, delete it."

"then.." oikawa began stepping back, slowly getting ready to run away as i did the same. "make me!" he stuck his tongue out before quickly vanishing from my sight.

i did not hesitate to run after him. even hearing iwaizumi's scoldings slowly fade away as i search the area around the gym for oikawa. luckily enough, i heard some of the female student's screams that made it easier for me to hunt the guy. so i ran inside the halls and saw him being held up by his fan girls. "pfft." i snorted as i saw his face looking so constipated in attempts to get away from the girls.

he looked back at me, horrified. and to make things worst, we're in the freshman's floor so the longer he stayed, the more girls had began crowding him.

hah! buti nga!

i gracefully began walking back when i heard him called out to me. smirking, i stuck my tongue out at him and was about to leave when called out to me again. oh so now he needs my help? pfft. i looked back at him and saw how desperate he looked trying to escape from the crowd.

"help me!" he mouthed to me.

"delete it first." i mouthed back.

oikawa groaned, realizing i won't help him until he deletes my photo, finally grabs his phone and did something before showing me his receipt of deleting my picture. i wasn't satisfied though. so i mouthed the word "gallery" to him. he sighed before hurriedly showing me his gallery's recent photos— which were of course, a bunch of random selfies of his face.

just how obsessed is he with himself?

satisfied that he finally deleted my photo, i walked towards the crowd and passed through the girls crowding him. apologizing as i try to squeeze myself in.

"excuse me." i said to this one girl who wouldn't budge. "i need to get through." i didn't want to force myself in so i waited for her response but she ignored me. maybe she couldn't hear me with all the noise? that's probably it. so i spoke a little louder. "excuse me pl—"

"screw off, i'm here first!"

my eyes widened when suddenly, i felt her hit me in the stomach with her elbow, causing me to stumble out of the crowd and fall to the ground. "aray.."

few gasps were heard from the little amount of people who saw me fell but those who were nearer to oikawa didn't care at all as they desperately tried to grab his attention. and the girl who pushed me just rolled her eyes at me before turning her attention back to oikawa, squealing as if she didn't do anything.

this bitch!

i instantly felt anger raged inside of me and was about to yell at her when a voice suddenly silenced the hallway. "move!" it was oikawa's voice. and the way he said that scared everyone— including me— causing the girls to frantically give way to him as he walk towards my direction.

confused, i stared at him as he crouched down in front of me. the moment our eyes met, his once scowl face quickly softened and scanned my body for injuries. "are you okay? does something hurt?" he asked as he genuinely looked concerned.

but why?

"can you stand?"

"of course i can. i just got hit in the stomach, not sprained my ankle." i averted my gaze from his as he helped me stand. realizing we still have to go back to the gym, i grabbed his wrist "let's just go. iwaizumi-senpai's gonna scold you again."

"wait a second, erin-chan." he said before removing my grasp from his wrist.

i looked at him with confusion as he walk towards the girl who elbowed me. at first she was flustered when she realized she finally got the captain's attention, excited as oikawa tucks her hair behind her ears— but her smile soon disappeared after oikawa whispered something to her ear.

oikawa skipped towards me, smiling. "let's go, erin-chan!" he grabbed my hand as we began walking back to the gym.

while walking, i couldn't help but to ask him. "oi, what did you say to her?"

he looked back at me, smirking. "why? you jealous?"

"as if. i was just asking."

"notice how you didn't say no."

"no. i'm curiou—"

"jealous?"

lord, give me patience.

immediately, oikawa took back his words. "i'm kidding! i'm kidding! i just said not to do that to anyone again. i'm such a good guy right?" he said before smoothly talking about other stuff. tch. i doubt that's what he said but i decided to drop the topic because knowing him, he probably won't tell it to me for free.

we came back at the gym and iwaizumi immediately scolded oikawa the moment we stepped inside with everyone watching them. after a couple of minutes scolding oikawa, they went back to practice while i continue to track their improvements, occasionally helping them with other things whenever i can.

this went on for hours but i still couldn't get one thing off my mind. the way her expression changed after oikawa whispered something to her.

just what did he say to her to make her tremble in fear like that?

___