┊30. 慰安

xxx.
comfort

a u t h o r

     "yeah!!" karasuno cheered in triumph as they had finally defeat aoba johsai and advance to finals. even most of the audience who were surprised at how good karasuno was, clapped for their victory. today they showed an impressing match. how much more surprise can karasuno give to audience tomorrow? it was really exciting. almost everyone was thrilled for for the next match.

almost everyone except for those who rooted for aoba johsai. along with karasuno's celebration of victory, comes aoba johsai's deafening silence. the players, specially oikawa, had blank eyes that are devoided of hope. some were even muffling their sobs to hide the disappointed they had for themselves for losing.

"everyone, gather here." coach irihata called the players. the boys heavy heartedly surrounded the man as they listen to what he had to say.

"no matter what i say, the results are what they are. the bitterness cannot be watered down, either. you probably have plays that you will keep regretting but still, first and foremost, let me say this." the coach took a deep breath. "you all fought well."

what he said brought tears to almost everyone including their second coach, mizoguchi.

with melancholic expressions evident in their faces, they made their way to greet their supporters in the audience

while walking, oikawa saw how iwaizumi kept his head down, biting his lips in attempts to stop himself from crying. 'how can i be the ace when i couldn't even make that?' iwaizumi thought to himself as he recalled how he missed earning a point for seijoh.

oikawa knew he was blaming himself that's why he slapped his back as he passed by him

oikawa knew he was blaming himself that's why he slapped his back as he passed by him. everyone else did the same as they walk pass iwaizumi to show how they appreciate the ace. iwaizumi calmed himself and wiped down his tears after and made his way to his teammates as they thank their school mates.

"thank you very much!" the team thanked the crowd before giving them a bow.

erin, on the other hand, remained seated in her chair. she had to take the time to comprehend what had happened. she only knew the team for months but why does she share the same disappointment as them? it bothered her how affected she was but it didn't matter. for now, she knew they needed comfort. that's why she began making her way downstairs to greet them as they exit the court.