┊31. 茶店

xxxi.
cafe

a u t h o r

"i swear i'll be careful." the raven haired girl begged her mom for the nth time since this morning. well, she had no choice. karasuno's match will start in the afternoon and if erin wasn't able to get her mother's permission to watch kageyama's match by now, then she won't get the chance to watch him at all.

"and besides, oikawa's going to be there too so you don't have to worry so much if something did happen to me." erin knew her mother gets intrigued every time she mentions the captain that's why out of desperation, she chose to use her oikawa card again today.

as expected, it did work. "oikawa? your captain?" her mother asked.

"yeah." erin nodded. "and he's not my captain ma. i don't own him."

erin's mother raised her finger. "yet, my dear daughter. you don't own him yet. just wait until he breaks up with his girlfriend and you'll finally have your turn." she excitedly said as she began walking towards her daughter to drag her to the closet.

knowing that the thought of meeting oikawa today was in favor of her mother, erin used the opportunity to excite her mother even more— all so she would allow her daughter to watch the match between karasuno and shiratorizawa.

"actually mom, it was a misunderstanding." erin began.

"what is?"

"that oikawa has a girlfriend." she said, perking her mother's interest. "he doesn't. i just assumed he had one."

what she said caused her mom to grasp her daughter's hand as her eyes sparkle with joy. "erin! why would you assume such things?!"

erin awkwardly diverted her gaze away from her mother. "well.. he began ignoring me so i thought he got himself a girlfriend who didn't want him to hang out with other girls."

her mother's eyebrows furrowed. "he ignored you? why would he do that?"

"his reasons were the same. he thought i started dating someone so he began distancing himself from me."

"what? who?" her mother was really intrigued by all of the teenage drama erin's having that she wanted to know all the details.

"tobio. you don't know him. he goes to karasuno and him and oikawa used to play volleyball on the same team. it's a long story but apparently, oikawa thought me and tobio were dating. it was all a misunderstanding though. everything's okay now." the daughter explained. eager to finally end the conversation. "now can i please go? i swear i'll take care of myself." she pleaded.

"no, you can't." her mother firmly said as she eyed her daughter from head to toe. "not with that outfit."

"huh? what's wrong with what i'm wearing?" she asked as she glance at her sweater and sweatpants.

"everything." her mother flatly said before going through her closet. "you said oikawa's going to be there right?"

"yeah?" she lied. she only said that so her mom would allow her to leave. why would oikawa watch the team who defeated them yesterday? it's not like he would support karasuno to defeat shiratorizawa.

"and the team you're watching is karasuno where tobi, or whatever the boy's name is, is part of of the team, correct?" her mom asked and the daughter nodded. "very well." the mother mumbled before picking out a dress from her closet and pushing erin to her bathroom.

"now change."

"but i don't want to wear a dress mom! it's too.." she scratched her head. "...extra."

it was a brown plaid dress with slit on the corner. not gonna lie, erin thought the dress was cute. but she didn't feel like it was appropriate to wear in watching a volleyball match. and it's not even aoba johsai's match so why would she have the need to doll up?