┊18. 劣者

xviii.
inferior

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

e r i n

"ugh! finally!" kindaichi sighed in relief together with my classmates as the final bell for the last day of examinations rang. apparently, seijoh only assigned 2 school days for everyone to take their exams. 3 if you happen to fail some subjects and they needed you to retake them.

but i did my best and i hope i won't have to do the make up tests. kindaichi too. and we won't know until they post the results tomorrow.

"hey, wanna go eat somewhere? i know a place." kindaichi asked as he stood in front of my table waiting for me.

"don't you guys have practice?" i said as i slid the strap of my bag to my shoulders.

"oikawa-san cancelled it."

he could do that? i mean, i knew the coaches trust him but i didn't know he was also in charge of their practices. and why would he cancel today's practice? him of all people? that's just weird.

unless of course he had something important to do. that must be it.

"so... you wanna go?"

"huh? oh yeah. sure."

kindaichi and i began walking with him leading the way because i had no idea where he wanted to go but i do hope we're going to a cafe. i've been craving for donuts lately and i haven't got the chance to buy one myself because i don't know which shop would fit my taste.

"can we go get donu—" as we were nearing the school gates, the familiar high pitched screams had stopped me from saying my request. curiously, we both turned our heads back to see what caused those girl's screams.

of course.

"no wonder they're screaming." i mumbled as i watch the familiar scene of oikawa being crowded by the first years unfold before me. "i really should get used to this by now."

"give it a few months and you will." kindaichi said. "hey, let's invite them!"

"you invite them. i don't want anything to do with that crowd." memories of being elbowed in the stomach came rushing. yeah i don't want that to happen anymore. "i'll wait here." i said before leaning my back to the school gates.

kindaichi nodded before walking towards them, passing through the crowd with ease as the girls made way for him. oh so now they suddenly know how to give space?

i silently watch kindaichi and oikawa talk. yawning as i began to feel the exhaustion again. i really need to have a day or two of rest. everything's been tiring me out lately and i don't know how much longer i can keep this up. let's see.. after the summer camp, the competitions begin. maybe i could get my rest after that.

seriously, how does the team even keep themselves walking at this point? i could barely keep my legs function after playing volleyball. but these boys do it almost everyday and they still haven't gotten tired of it. specially the boy i found myself staring at right now. just how much does he love volleyball?

as if he knew he was in my mind, he suddenly met my gaze. the familiar smile slowly making it's way to his face when a buzzing noise broke our eye contact.

oh, it's tobio.

from: tobio
how was your exasm?

"pfft!" i snorted before typing a reply.

to: tobio
what the hell is 'exasm'?

buzz buzz