┊24. 海岸

24.
beach

e r i n

"nice receives!" i said as kindaichi and i hi-fived each other. "not gonna lie, you're actually getting better at this." complimenting him as i hand him his towel and water bottle. today was the last day of the training camp and it's impressive how everyone improved in a short amount of time. kindaichi even improved his jump serve without my help. he did it himself when they had time for self practices.

"thanks. this 3 day training camp really paid off." he said after drinking water on his bottle. "man i could really use a vacation right now." he said out of nowhere before winking at me.

oh yeah. i almost forgot. i had to tell mother what time we were going to arrive so she could tell the staffs. "shush." i nudged him before leaving the gymnasium to make a call.

mom picked up in an instant.

"ma?"

(yes anak, ano balita?)

"we'll be there at around 3 pm. kakain nalang kami tapos pwede na kami umalis."

(okay sige. i didn't know today's going to be a busy day for the hotel so i reserved quad rooms to fit everyone. is that okay?)

"actually, i doubt some of us would stay in a room when there's a beach. the rooms might go to waste ma." i said and of course, mom insisted again. i could never win against her if she began insisting.

(i've reserved rooms and that's it.)

"alright alright. i'll see you later ma."

(okay be careful. see you.)

and then i ended the call. sighing, i placed my phone back to my pocket and went to my room to pack up my things— even though there's not much to pack.

"erin-san!" a voice called to me while i was walking in the hallways. turning around, i saw our fourth member from last night.

"hello." i greeted him.

"great game last night! we almost won, if only we had one more gem."

"yeah. but it's okay, it was fun." i said. the other team's were just too good at finding gems while we were good at protecting ours. we didn't really mind loosing. i mean i didn't, i don't know about the two seniors though.

"it was it was. also um.. erin-san?" he said so i looked at him and saw him fiddling with his fingers. "i was just wondering.."

"yeah?"

"do you have a boyfriend?"

my eyes widened. "eh?!"

"i-i'm sorry if i was too straightforward! it's just that you're my type and i wanted to know if i have a shot. i understand if i don't!!!" he panicked. it's weird seeing a huge guy in front of me looking this flustered.

"oh um... i don't."

a smile formed in his lips. "r-really? then—" but it faded when i felt someone stood behind me and rested it's chin on my head.

"sorry man but get in line." the voice said and i immediately recognized whose voice it was.

"iwaizumi-senpai.."

"she already got two dumb competitive setters fighting for her. you sure you want to join?" iwaizumi said in the most bored way possible.