┊13. 感想

xiii

xiii.
impression

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

e r i n

today, i decided not to wear my vest and blazer anymore because of the temperature. lately, i'm slowly starting to feel the summer heat and it's killing me more now that i've become the volleyball team's manager. not only do i have to play with kindaichi, i also have to track their performance and hand them almost everything they need. i'm not really complaining pero dahil sa init, pati ulo ko umiinit eh! ang dami ko na ngang ginagawa, ang init init pa!

"why do you look so grumpy since this morning? did something happen?" kindaichi asked as he gave me the bottle of milk i asked him to get me.

"no." i said before drinking. "the heat just annoys me too much."

even in the philippines, the heat had always annoyed me because i didn't really like the feeling of being sticky. although i understand if i sweat from playing volleyball, but to sweat while doing absolutely nothing irritates me so much.

"but isn't the philippines a tropical country? shouldn't you get used to it by now?" he asked.

"kindaichi, i've lived in the philippines for 17 years. of course i'm used to it. but even if i am, it still doesn't change the fact that it's annoying." i said as i wipe the sweat from my forehead.

and it didn't help that beside my chair was a wall and it felt so suffocating to look at. no, i didn't get the seat in the windows, i got the seat in between the windows— kainis diba.

"you mind if i sit in your chair?" i asked, earning a quick nod from the turnip. "thanks." smiling at him, i stood up from my chair and sat in his. in exchange, kindaichi took my seat. sitting in the chair while facing backwards to look at me. "you know, you don't have to teach me the serve anymore. i know being a manager is already quite tiring."

eh? come to think of it, how many days has it been since i became the manage— oh, it's been a week i think? oo tama. wow, i didn't realize time flies by so fast. parang kelan lang wala akong friends ah. ngayon sobra naman ata.

"did you already learn how to do the serve?"

he thought for a moment. "i did it a few times but i still need to work on it."

"then i won't stop teaching you until you finally learn the serve." besides, i want to see him do the jump serve too. even if i'm not officially a player, i know it would make me proud to teach him something.

"but you're also our manager.."

i glared at him. "so? what's your point?"

he sighed. "i'm just saying you don't have to teach me anymore so you can focus on becoming our manager."