┊8. 岩泉

vii.
iwaizumi

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

e r i n

     "eh? how come you don't play volleyball when even oikawa-senpai finds your jump serve incredible?!" sabi ni kindaichi habang inuubos yung bento nya sa lamesa ko. teka nga, bakit ba kasi sa table ko siya kumakain? eh may sarili naman siyang table?

"he's probably exaggerating. and stop talking when your mouth is full! you're spilling rice!" hinampas ko yung ulo nya gamit yung notebook ko. syempre hindi naman malakas, kung malakas baka mapa-guidance ako non.

"alright alright, i'm done eating!" kindaichi fixed his bento and went to put it back in his bag before resting his arms on my table.. again. apparently, his own table is nonexistent during lunch nowadays kaya sa table ko siya pumupunta. "it's such a waste though. don't you want to join the girl's volleyball club? i'm sure your skills will become a great help to the team."

"i don't want to." besides, if i do want to join the club, then that would've been the first thing i did after the first day of classes ended.

"but why?"

i shrugged. "i think of it as a hobby and not something i want to dedicate a lot of my time to." porke't marunong mag volleyball kailangan member na ng club?

"damn. if only i had those skills.." kindaichi paused for a moment before looking at me with such a glowing face. "oh! can you teach me how to do the serve?!"

"what serve? aren't you suppose to know how to serve by now?" i mean, he's a member of the club. shouldn't he know the basics already?

"i'm talking about the serve oikawa-senpai saw you do in the gym! the jump float serve!"

"what's in it for me?" i don't want to waste time for nothing.

kindaichi thought for a moment, trying to come up with something but to no avail. "i don't know.. anything i guess. you decide!"

deep down, natuwa ako sa offer ni kindaichi. anything daw eh isa lang naman ang gusto 'kong makuha in exchange. yun din kaagad ang pumasok sa isip ko. "i have one."

"what is it?"

"it's simple. you have to make sure i get to use the gym anytime i want." i smirked. that means.. he'll have to deal with that captain of theirs. even though he said i have no reason to be at the gymnasium, if a member needs my help, he can't do anything about it right?

"deal! so when do we start?"

"it depends on you."

"can we start tomorrow?!"

i smiled. "tomorrow it is."

a u t h o r

after the classes had ended, erin was surprised the chocolate haired captain did not drop by their classroom not even once. she expected the captain to force her watch their practice again but that didn't happen. did she offended him the other day? not that she cares, of course, she just wanted know if he was serious about not wanting to see her anywhere around the gymnasium.

but that's okay. kindaichi will take care of it for her and tomorrow, she get to be inside the gymnasium anytime she likes! unless they were having a serious training and kindaichi has no time to perfect a jump float serve then she would step out. besides, she'll be using the gym as a pass time anyways so even if the team has a serious training, she honestly wouldn't mind to leave at all.