┊23. 狩る

xxiii.
hunt

e r i n

     the second day of the training camp was as productive as yesterday. from the practice matches and self-practices, everyone was trying their best to improve and by observing, i can definitely see the changes in my team— alright, i admit. at first i hated the idea of becoming the club's manager but after some time, my thoughts changed. even though it was tiring, it is fun to become a manager. maybe i finally found the reason that would make me enjoy high school like mom says.

"everyone!" one of the coaches from the other school called, causing everyone to gather. i didn't want to be in that crowd of tall boys so i stayed in the benches. i could hear them from here anyways. "you all did good today. we could definitely see how everyone's doing their best. keep that up and it would give you more opportunities in the future."

"but this is not the reason why we gathered you tonight." another coach spoke. "the purpose of this training camp is not only to enhance your skills as an athlete, but also to improve your team work. that is why after dinner, we will be doing a team activity that would test your team work. gather here by 8 pm. we'll explain the activity later." the coach said before dismissing everyone for dinner.

everyone began making their way to the cafeteria. i waited for kindaichi to fix his things before we headed there together. "what's the activity?" i asked him. i thought training camps only focused on skills. i didn't know they had activities like this too.

"i don't know and i don't think anyone does. we didn't have an activity last year." he said as we settled ourselves in the cafeteria.

we both grabbed ourselves a tray and went to go pick our foods. again, i wasn't that hungry so i didn't take much food. "oi, why do you eat so little?" kindaichi asked after we sat in our table to eat.

"i don't know either. i usually eat a lot but lately, i don't have much appetite."

"and you look paler than the usual too. are you feeling okay?"

"yeah i'm okay... i think." aside from the headaches which is bearable, i think i'm feeling okay. i still need the long rest i've been wanting to have though.

kindaichi and i kept talking about the most random things while eating our dinner. we didn't even realize it was almost 8 when we finished, so we both ran to the gymnasium and saw everyone in seijoh was already there. kindaichi and i were the only late ones.

after a few more minutes, the coaches began handing out papers of different colors. i had blue. kindaichi had red. hmm.. i'm guessing this is how they divided the teams.

"does everyone have their colors?" one of the coaches asked and everyone answered yes. "now go and look for the people with the same color. you'll be in the same team as them." he announced and everyone went to go find their teammates.

"what color do you have?" i haven't even stepped away from where i was standing when i heard a voice spoke behind me. looking back, i saw iwaizumi. "oh, we three are in the same team then." he said after seeing the paper in my hand.

"we three?" i asked.

"yeah. oikawa's blue too." he said that caused me to glance at oikawa who was behind him.

suddenly, i felt uneasy. but i shouldn't be worried. we're just having a team activity, that's not something his girlfriend should be mad about..

..right?