┊20. 助言

xx.
suggestion

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

e r i n

"ugh! i give up." i sighed in frustration as i drop my head to the table. why does choosing a gift have to be so hard? i've been browsing for gift ideas on my laptop but not once did i find something suitable enough for me to actually do. knit? make chocolates? bake cookies? most of the gift ideas i saw were for valentines and i don't want him to think i'm confessing or something.

"ano ba kasi ginagawa mo?" mom gave me a quick glance as she finally finished her make-up.

today was thursday and mom decided to visit because she wanted to buy some furnitures for me. although this apartment already had stuffs included, mom still wanted to buy a few new things because she thinks everything was too plain. apparently, money's not a problem for her.

"naghahanap ng pwedeng iregalo." i said while my eyes were still glued onto the screen.

"para kanino?"

"para sa captain ng volleyball team."

"oh wow, i didn't know you joined the volleyball club. but that's nice. i'm glad you're starting to make friends."

she really thought i was talking about the girl's volleyball team huh... "y-yeah."

but it wasn't completely a lie because i am in the volleyball team. not as a player though. and i am friends with the captain— i think. "can you help me think of something? i've been trying to search for ideas but all of them are mostly for valentines. i don't want to get misunderstood." i said, casually switching back to speaking japanese.

"hmm.." mom paused, taking a minute to think of something to suggest. "oh i know!"

"what is it?"

"you two can have a spa day at our hotel!" suddenly, i choked on air. "oh, are you okay?"

me?

in a spa?

with oikawa?!

in a hotel?!!!

"no thanks. i don't want to have an alone time with hi– her."

"why not? it'll be fun for the both of you!"

no, mom, it won't. if anything, oikawa's the only one who would enjoy all of that. i won't. i sighed. "we're not that close, mom. it'd be weird if i invited her to the hotel as a gift." that's just wrong in all angles. and he'll probably look at my gift the wrong way.

"oh, i thought you were close already." she said before thinking of another suggestion. "aha! why don't you just invite the team to the hotel then? there's a beach nearby. i'm sure everyone would enjoy that and i know your step father wouldn't mind."

oh wow. she suggested that as if it was nothing. i didn't know my step father's that rich.

"but we have like.. 12 people excluding me. and we probably don't have a lot of time after the summer camp because the team will be busy for the competitions."

"just go at the last day of your summer camp then, it'd be a treat for everyone in exchange for their hard work. schools do that most of the time."

"they do?"

"yeah. we have a couple of schools booking at the hotel this summer. it's that time of the year."

honestly, what mom suggested was a good idea. and everyone on the team would get the chance to have fun too, at least for the remaining time of the last day of the camp. but how am i going to pay for that? i don't even have a job!