┊10. 赤面

x.
blush

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

a u t h o r

     "see you tomorrow!" kindaichi waved at erin before they part ways. unfortunately, erin's station was the last stop so kindaichi had to leave at an earlier station. she waved him goodbye as the train began to slowly accelerate, the sight of kindaichi disappearing as the train depart the current station. 

erin smiled. just when she thought she wouldn't be able to have at least one friend in school, kindaichi approached her. although she initially wanted a female friend, she was thankful someone still befriended her. even if kindaichi was a male, she realized everything was still the same. she was as natural as she can be, like how she is from her friends back in her country.

she's glad that despite her intimidating facade, people still approach her. even if one particular senior annoys the shit out of her, the fact that a person like toru oikawa seemingly wants to be her friend— as sketchy as that sounds— still makes her happy. because even though she's in a foreign country, people like them makes her feel like she belongs.

soon enough, she finally reached her station and began walking to the now familiar path on her way home. compared to her first walk here, erin's slowly starting to become familiar with all the stores and vending machines she encounters on her way home. and of course, the school that her mom wanted her to go to but because of the hassle paperwork, erin decided not to. 

"karasuno high school.." she mumbled as she walk past the gates of the said high school. "i wonder if he went home alr—"

as if on cue, the person she was thinking of suddenly called out to her. "oh, erin-san!"

she looked back and there stood the tall raven haired freshman. "tobio-kun!" she smiled as she ran towards him.

'there it is again.' kageyama thought referring to her smile. it still bothered him how erin can easily smile at him when most people often get intimidated to even glance at the boy. but of course he didn't complain. after all, seeing erin smile like that sure was a sight.

"did you just finish practice?" she asked.

"yes," kageyama glanced at what she was wearing. today, she wasn't wearing her usual school uniform. her pale lilac shirt, red tie, white blazer and light brown skirt was replaced with a turquoise jersey and black shorts. kageyama wasn't really the type to get flustered just by seeing a girl's thighs like this but seeing erin dressed in his favorite sport's attire, definitely made an impact on him. "d-did you play today?" he asked while averting his gaze.

"yeah." erin was confused at tobio's reaction but didn't mind thinking maybe he's too tired from practice. "hey, wanna go grab some ice cream?"

luckily for her, kageyama was on his way to buy ice cream too. "sur—"

"oh? i didn't know the king was capable of having feelings towards people." kageyama wasn't able to finish his sentence when a tall student with blonde hair walked out of the school gates. "i thought he only had feelings towards volleyball." the boy smirked.

"shh tsukki! they can hear you!" beside him stood a shorter guy with dark grayish green hair. the boy bowed at tobio and erin before forcefully pushing the blonde away from the two.

"do you know them?" erin asked the now irritated boy.

"unfortunately." he said, scowling.

she chuckled at kageyama and was about to say something again when another voice emerged from the school gates. "i swear i saw kageyama with someo— there! how can a first year like him get a girlfriend faster than us?! that's unfair!" surprisingly, the voice came from a short boy, maybe around erin's height, with bangs bleached only at the front.

"and a beauty one at that! oi, kageyama, tell us how you d—" the man with a shaved head couldn't finish his sentence when more people came from the school to shut them up and drag them away.

"e-eh?" erin was beyond confused. was kageyama popular? or were those his friends? well, if he has that many amount of friends.. then isn't he popular? he is the setter of their volleyball club after all. this reminded her of oikawa who happened to be a setter too and had quite the reputation. was this the same for kageyama too?

erin's train of thoughts were interrupted when a large hand held her wrist and began dragging her somewhere. she looked up only to see kageyama's broad back facing her. she also noticed how red his ears were. was he angry that people saw him talking to her? will there be weird rumors about kageyama from now on?

the raven haired girl couldn't help but to feel the guilt building inside her. "i'm sorry.. i shouldn't have approached you if i knew people seeing us talk would cause rumors.." she mumbled but loud enough for kageyama to hear. "i should've been more careful. i'm sorry this happ—"

suddenly, the tall boy stopped walking. erin took this chance to walk in front of him and apologize. "tobio-kun." she wanted to meet his eyes because she felt that apologizing that way was more sincere.

kageyama, however, kept on avoiding her gaze.

the ravenette sighed. figuring the boy probably wouldn't look at her anytime soon so she said what she wanted to say. "i'm sorry."

"what for?" he mumbled.

"for making your schoolmates think i'm your girlfriend or something." erin said while caressing her nape.

"is that a bad thing?"

this time, his voice was even quieter so erin couldn't really hear what he just said. "what?"

kageyama's eyes widened when he realized what he said. he thanked the gods erin didn't hear what he just said because that would've been embarrassing for the boy. "i said let's go buy ice cream." he said before walking ahead of erin, his large steps causing him to easily leave the small girl behind.

"wha— hey, walk slowly bean pole!"

"it's not my fault your steps are short, shortie."

"aba gago." erin began sprinting. "i said wait!!"

kageyama smiled as he walked faster. he was glad erin's far behind though. because that way she would never see the blush that's all over his face.

___