┊11. 主管

xi.
manager

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

t o r u

     "the dates had been set for the spring high miyagi prefecture representative playoffs and because we previously placed within the top four during inter-high, we will be exempted for the first preliminaries. but this doesn't mean you will train less than what you normally do, if anything, i want you all to work harder from now on." coach irihata warned while eyeing our members. "time flies fast so prioritize working on your weaknesses."

"yes coach!" the team answered in unison.

after the coaches left, i gave them the sign to start their self practices while i head over to the other end of the court where erin-chan was. "did you hear what the coach said?" i asked her.

erin-chan stopped tossing the ball and rested it on her hips before looking at me. "yeah, i heard. good luck."

her response made me pout. "your good luck's not enough! you have to cheer us on the competition too, erin-chan."

"what for? it's not like something will change if i watched the game or not."

yes there is. if she's there, then i know i won't get tired. "just watch erin-chan! don't you want to support your school's team?"

"no."

erin-chan.. why do you have to be so cold? "come on, where's the team spirit? i'm sure you'll enjoy it if you come!" i smiled, hoping it was enouch to convince her even though i'm well aware that it won't work.

"i'm already helping kindaichi. isn't that enough?"

"of course not. in that case you're just helping him and not the whole team." as she continue tossing the ball, i caught it midair to grab her attention. "at least help me manage the team."

"no way."

"why not?" it's not like erin-chan has other clubs to join to anyways. if she did, then she would've signed up for tryouts in the girl's volleyball team— but she didn't. "alright, if you agree to this, you wouldn't have to watch the tournament." i proposed.

"those aren't even good choices!" she exclaimed.

"let me change it. if you agree to become our manager until the spring competitions, i'll allow you to come here anytime you want and you wouldn't need to watch the actual compe—"

"deal."

that quick? erin-chan really likes being in the gym huh. "then it's settled. from now on you will be our manager." i smiled.

"just until the inter high competitions though."

"yes but still."

it's fine. the inter high competition is still a few months away from now and being the manager means she'll have to be with us in majority of our training. that includes after school practices, training camps and practice matches with other schools.

i smiled.

that's enough time for me.

a u t h o r

"before you guys leave i'd like to have a quick announcement." oikawa said making all his teammates gather around while erin awkwardly stood behind the captain. "let me introduce to you our temporary manager, erin-chan!"

his announcement earned a few gasps from his teammates. the aoba johsai volleyball club is finally having a manager? and a female one at that? did the gods finally answered their prayers?