┊22. 初日

xxii.
first day

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

e r i n

"i think everyone was able to bring their swimwear so it's all good." kindaichi whispered as soon as we sat in the bus. today was the start of the 3 day training camp and everyone met up early. well, tokyo is a long drive after all and we'd have to be there by morning to start the training. hmm, why are we training there anyways?

"okay. did you bring yours?" i whispered back.

"of course i did. did you bring your bikini?"

i punched him. "why would i wear a bikini when i'm the only female here? gago ka ba?"

he paused for a moment before blushing, what the hell was he imagining? "s-sorry. i don't even know why i asked you that. i swear i'm not a perv—"

"what are you two whispering about?"

kindaichi and i shrieked when we heard iwaizumi spoke from the back of our seat. oh yeah, oikawa and iwaizumi are sitting at our back. "n-nothing." kindaichi shifted in his seat to look back at them. i did the same and knelt at my seat.

while iwaizumi kept asking kindaichi what we were talking about, i can't help but to look at oikawa who was obviously, ignoring my gaze. i don't understand, why is he ignoring me? did i do something wrong? he's been like this since the group studied at my house.. did i say something rude that time?

"good morning, oikawa-senpai." i greeted him with a smile.

i saw how his eyebrows furrowed before sighing and glanced at me. "morning." he said before turning his attention back to his phone.

who is he even texting? iwaizumi's here. kindaichi's here. i'm here. and he rarely texts me now.

i sighed. "alright, i'm going to sleep then. you dorks better not make any noises or else!" i warned before sitting back properly and leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes.

if you're not texting any of us right now then... you're texting your girlfriend aren't you, oikawa-senpai? is that why you're ignoring me? so your girlfriend won't get mad?

i see. it all makes sense now.

i understand.

no, i don't.

i don't understand.

why did he keep approaching me like that then? why did he kept on teasing me? why did he always confuse me? why? when he had a girlfriend all along? was i just assuming things? what if he really was just a tease.. have i been reading into his actions too much?

then.. all the annoying butterflies i felt whenever he was close to me and all the blushing i had to cover because of his actions... was all nothing to him?

fuck this, erin you should've known better. didn't you learn your lesson already? guys like him don't coexist with girls like you. you knew that from the very start when you saw how popular he was. and yet you still allowed him make his way towards you.