┊15. 気分

xv.
feelings

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

a u t h o r

"i have a question," the orange haired boy couldn't help but to ask his tall raven haired friend as his curiosity finally take over him. he didn't even wait for the setter to respond and just blurted out his question. "why do you keep on waiting here every time our practice ends? haven't you had enough milk at school?"

every time they leave karasuno, hinata often sees kageyama waiting by the vending machine outside their school that made him assume how much the boy loves drinking milk. "it's alright, kageyama. you don't have wait for us to leave so you can finally drink loads of milk from this machine. just do what you lo—"

hinata couldn't finish his sentence when kageyama threw a can to his face. "i'm not that obsessed with milk you dumbass!" he yelled at the shorter boy.

"then what are you here for?" hinata's logic made sense though. if kageyama wasn't here for the vending machine, what's he doing then? was he waiting for someone? if he recalls correctly, he saw how often nishinoya and tanaka teases him about a girl, could it be? "aha! you're waiting for your girlfriend aren't you?" the orange haired boy guessed and smiled when he saw how kageyama reacted.

"she's not my girlfriend.." the raven haired boy muttered.

"eh? why are you waiting for her then?" hinata asked.

honestly, even kageyama didn't know how to answer that question. ever since she met erin the third time, he'd always find himself coming back to the exact same spot they first met. kageyama didn't even know why he waits there for her when he could just go home and rest.

the second and third time they met was purely coincidental that made him think, maybe he didn't have to look for her at all. but after noticing that they haven't crossed paths since then, he found himself waiting for her by the vending machine after every school practice, with the hopes of seeing her come home from school. but it's been weeks and he haven't caught a glimpse of her yet.

he doesn't have her phone number. nor does he have any information on her social media accounts. he don't even know what school she goes to. and to say the least, it frustrated him that he only knew some of her personal preferences and not the basics he needs to know from her. like, he knew what flavor of ice cream she likes but not her phone number. he knows it's her first time studying here but he doesn't know which school she goes too. it was frustrating for him, really.

"are you planning to confess to her?" hinata gasped.

"no!"

"why? do you hate her?"

"no!"

"so you like her?"

"ye— i mean— not like what you're thinking!"

hinata was confused. although he knows the concept of love, he still sees it at something so complicated. that's why he never really paid much attention to it and just focused on playing volleyball. but still, he's not as clueless as everyone seems to think he is about this matter.

"why do people keep making things difficult." hinata said to the air. "anyways, i'll be leaving then. see you tomorrow!" said the ginger haired boy as his bicycle began disappearing from sight.

kageyama sighed. just how long does he have to wait though? every time he does, he keeps waiting until the the skies finally turn dark. and it was fine for him to wait that long. he just couldn't understand how they haven't crossed paths yet. does she go home early or does she go home more late? should he wait longer? if he does, what's he going to say when he sees her?