┊32. 遽しい

xxxii.
flustered

_

a u t h o r

"i can't believe i'm going to say this, but i've honestly missed seeing your weird turnip head." erin said the moment she entered the classroom and sat on her chair while gazing at her spike headed friend.

"uh.. i don't know if i'm supposed to thank you or get mad at you for that." kindaichi answered with confusion written all over his face.

their two weeks summer break had gone by so quick that it hardly felt like a vacation at all. now, they're back to school and erin was glad they had to change their assigned seats. she finally got the seat she wanted, at the very far back where most anime protagonists sat and kindaichi now took her previous chair.

"it's a compliment." she winked.

"why does it feel like an insult though?" he questioned.

"no it's not. your turnip head is unique. own it." she encouraged him while trying her best to muffle her laughter.

kindaichi still wasn't sure whether erin was actually being nice or just being a dick— metaphorically— but he thanked her either way for the pep talk.

"so how was your summer break?" erin asked.

"tiring."

"mama mo tiri— i mean huh? how is summer break tiring?"

"i trained a lot during the break that's why." he explained that caused the girl to form an 'o' shape with her mouth. "what about you? how was your vacation?"

"oh, you know. i pretty much slept throughout the days. nothing special. still, i enjoyed it though." she shrugged.

"that's good. you needed to rest anyways. by the way how are you feeling?" the boy asked, remembering the events during their training camp when the manager fainted because of excessive fatigue.

"i'm fine don't worry. that won't happen again." she assured. now that she realized how embarrassing she was when she was sick, she vowed to herself to not overwork herself again. unless of course, she needed to.

"you better be fine. we won't allow you to overwork yourself again. i'd still kick your ass if you did even if you're our manager." kindaichi grinned.

the rest of the day went by smoothly and because the team no longer have a competition to train to, their coaches decided to let the team rest for now, giving the boys time to leave early. this was fortunate for the boys who had been tired of training their assess off for the past weeks— all the boys except oikawa.

unfortunately, having no practice after school meant he won't be able to see erin. hence the reason why he always prefer training despite having nothing to prepare for.

"erin-chan!" the chocolate haired captain busted their classroom doors open, perhaps a little too excited for his liking, but he didn't care. he had to see her.

"oikawa-senpai?" she mumbled to herself.

after scanning the classroom for the ravenette, oikawa excused himself before entering the second year's classroom which caused erin's female classmates to fangirl even more. their screams were annoying for the girl but she felt like she needed to get used to it somehow. if she's going to keep hanging around with oikawa, that is.

"what are you doing here?" erin asked the tall man in front of him.

he pouted. "i'm here to see you, of course! i haven't seen you during the break."