┊26. 信頼

26.
trust

__

e r i n

     "erin-san, nice serve!" tobio cheered in front of me. i took a quick glance at the white board kindaichi managed to get before the start of the match. our scores are 6-7 with us being the latter. we're good, i got this. i just need to do a service ace and we'll be ahead.

taking a deep breath, i ignored the throbbing pain that had been bothering me all day and prepared myself to do a jump serve. i've been doing an underhand serve this whole time because i didn't think i could pull off a jump serve. i had to get myself used to the sand first.

"kaya mo to." i whispered to myself before tossing the ball at a stable pace, giving me enough time to boost myself up and hit the ball with my dominant hand. it landed perfectly inside the opponent's court. neither hinata or oikawa made the call to receive it.

"nice serve!" kageyama walked up to me and gave a high five.

"thanks."

"erin-chan," a voice spoke from the other side of the net. it was oikawa. "that was amazing." he complimented.

why?

why does he keep on approaching me like this when he has a girlfriend? i'm so confused. am i just mistaking his intentions? "t-thanks." i said before walking to where kageyama's position was.

"wait, are you sure you're okay?" tobio asked before i could take a step.

i nodded. "yeah, why?"

"you're face is too red."

"it's the heat." i smiled. "don't worry about it. nice serve!"

i went back to where his position was while he was outside the court to do a serve. i admit, my headache's been giving me a hard time to play right now and the heat isn't helping too. but it's okay. we just need 2 more points and we'll win. i can still do this.. i think.

kageyama served but oikawa was able to receive it with ease. hinata hit the ball as well while oikawa ran at the front to prepare himself to set. are they going to do a quick attack? glancing at oikawa, there's no way i could tell where he's going to toss. so i just went where hinata was and delayed my jump for a second before attempting to block his spike.

"one touch!" i yelled at kageyama.

"i got it!" he said as he received the ball and sent it high enough before running up front. i received the ball sending it to kageyama so he could give me a toss and ran to prepare myself to spike.

i jumped ahead without worries and spiked the ball that was aimed accurately at my hand earning us another point. now i understand why i've been hearing comments about tobio being a genius. even if my timing in jumping was off, he was still able to toss the ball to me that quick. he really was a genius setter.

"nice kill." tobio gave me a fist bump.

"nice toss." i smiled. "you're reall—"

but my smile soon faded when the throbbing pain in my head worsen. my vision suddenly began to blur and the noises around me were hard to make out. i glanced at the person in front of me which i'm guessing was tobio as i held onto him for support.

this wasn't a new experience to me. i had an idea what's going to happen.

"h-help.." i gasped.

before i knew it, my legs had already given up.

and then it was dark.

a u t h o r