five

"I could barely stay awake in calculus today

"I could barely stay awake in calculus today." Seorin mumbled, setting her lunch tray down right beside Hyerin's.

Her appearance reflected the amount of sleep she'd gotten throughout the week, little to none. She was dressed in yet another hoodie way too big for her body, paired with leggings and her hair messily tied up.

She pushed the clear frames up on the bridge of her nose, reading over her notes for her test next period. A yawn escaped her lips as she focused, her food left untouched.

"I know it's a full moon, but you seriously need to catch up on sleep." Hyerin looked at her friend in concern, knowing how the lunar calendar affected her sleeping habits. Seorin groggily looked up, revealing her eye bags casting a shadow on her cheeks.

"You know I can't sleep during a full moon, that's when my energy is the highest." she sighed deeply, trying to cram as much information in before her next class. "I don't get why teachers give us tests during the first week of school anyways..." she muttered to herself, scribbling down something quickly.

Hyerin grabbed a piece of chicken with her fork, holding it up to Seorin's face. "Eat. You can study, but if I need to feed you, then so be it." she insisted, shoving the meat into her mouth. Seorin let out a small giggle, chewing it down as she continued looking through her notes.

"So, I'm going to Na Jaemin's house today..."

Finally, she averted her gaze from the papers, looking at Hyerin in shock.

"What?"

"Don't be silly, it's cause of the English project." Hyerin rolled her eyes at her puzzled reaction, shoving another piece of food into her already open mouth.

"Shit, when is the first partner workshop due again?" Seorin's eyes widened, realizing she hadn't worked on anything for her essay.

"Tomorrow, have you and Jisung gotten anything done?"

A frustrated exhale left her lips as the papers in her hand slightly crumpled at her grip. "I totally forgot." she mumbled. Hyerin let out a low whistle, seeing she got herself in a sticky situation.

"I mean, you could always ask him about it right now." she suggested, her gaze fixated on the group of boys a couple tables away. Seorin's eyes followed hers, watching them banter amongst themselves.

"I'm not gonna walk up there." she sighed, rubbing her eyes under the frames of her glasses.

"Come on, Seorin. He doesn't care about getting a zero for this week so he won't walk up to you." Hyerin crossed her arms. "If I have to go to Na Jaemin's house, then you have to at least talk to Park Jisung."

Seorin shuddered at the mention of his name, dramatically letting out a fake gag. "I guess you're right." she grumbled, packing up her papers to approach their table.

She straightened out her hoodie, trying to look at least half presentable to avoid his childish remarks. Dreadfully, her feet dragged her to the table where six boys sat, all from her opposing elements.

Their banter slowly quieted down as they sensed a new presence, a couple heads turning towards her body. Seorin looked down at the black haired boy, clearing her throat to gain his attention.

Leisurely, he averted his gaze up to her, blinking in annoyance at her appearance. "Can I help you?" he spoke distastefully.

Why does he talk like he has something up his ass all the time?

"Hi, we need to meet somewhere after school for our project." she attempted to speak civilly, not wanting to spark tension between them for the sake of their grade. His eyes trailed over her, the bronze in them reflecting a fiery hue.

"What's in it for me, Baek?" he raised an eyebrow.

Her mouth fell agape, taken aback by his entitlement. "What do you mean what's in it for you? This is our project." she stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. A wry chuckle escaped his lips, finding humor in her irritable state.

"Jisung, just do it." Jeno spoke up, pitying her ill-tempered expression.

His tongue grazed over his teeth before turning back to the girl behind him, flushed with annoyance. "Fine, we're not going to my house."

"Wha-"

"I know where you live, now leave." he derisively waved, trying to get rid of her as quickly as possible.

"I didn't even say my house was open." Seorin scoffed, her patience growing low with his uncalled for attitude.

"Well, that's not my problem, is it?" he stood up from his own chair, now looking down at her small figure. He stared into her sapphire orbs that've grown tired from her lack of sleep, cracking a small smile at her internal suffering.

She broke their short lived eye contact, storming back to Hyerin at their table. Angrily, she set her bag down, fume practically smoking out of her ears.

"So... is he gonna do the project?" Hyerin asked fearfully, noticing her furious demeanor.

"My mom is going to kill me for bringing Park Jisung into my house."

chapter five — irritated

it's so rocky starting a book/series from scratch when you've already built an audience in your other series :") but i have big plans for this book! hopefully you guys tune in, i know it's a risky concept to play with hahaif you're here from unrav...

if you're here from unravel me, i noticed these chapters are way shorter so my badddd lol