seventy eight

December 24, 2020

December 24, 2020

"Look, I made you!" Jaemin grinned, holding up a gingerbread cookie at the kitchen table.

Hyerin looked up, crinkling her eyebrows in confusion.

"Why are my eyes two different colors?" she chuckled, staring at the poorly drawn smiley face in frosting with m&m's as eyes.

In the seats beside the two, Mark and Miyeon were assembling a gingerbread house with Aerin. It was the only thing that would distract her from the wrapped presents under the tree, leaving them no choice.

"Mark, ugh!" Miyeon groaned as he put too much white frosting at the top, causing the entire building to collapse.

He let out an obnoxious laugh, leaving Aerin grinning with her newly grown in teeth.

"It's okay, if we put sprinkles on it then it'll look pretty. Everything looks better with sprinkles!" she giggled with him, painting a smile onto Miyeon's face. She ruffled her hair and reached for the green and red sprinkles, handing it over to the two.

"Okay. One, two, thre- shit." Mark muttered, accidentally pouring the entire bottle of green sprinkles onto the pile of cookies and frosting.

"Shit?" Aerin repeated, making everyone snap their heads up.

"Mark Lee." Minchul groaned from the bar stools, flicking a pebble at his head from the plant next to him.

"Oopsies, don't say that, guppy." he awkwardly chuckled, making Miyeon shake her head with a smile.

The adults were sat around the kitchen island drinking champagne, heartily laughing and catching up. They were all dressed in corresponding pajamas to each of their families, it was the first time in years all four leaders spent Christmas together.

"We need to take you there sometime, Jihyeon." Heejin gleamed, wrapping her arms around the old friend.

"There's so many new things to show you around the Republic, a lot has changed in the past twelve years." Jaewon added, pouring some more bubbly in her cup.

She looked around the table, grinning uncontrollably as she took another sip from her glass.

"It's good to be back."

Lastly, on the couch were the two lovebirds, cuddled up in a warm blanket beside the amber fire he had lit.

Seorin laid back onto Jisung's chest as they played a video game on the TV. Despite their romantic position, they were throat to throat, grumbling angry remarks to each other.

"Stop hitting me, idiot." she hissed, mashing the buttons of the controller.

"That's the point of the game, dumbo." he rolled his eyes. The two were so focused to where they couldn't even hear Aerin's cackling or the Christmas jingles that played in the background. It was just them two in their own world, indulging in each other's embrace as they subtly insulted each other.