forty nine

Mark entered the medicine hall of the Republic's Neo Health Center, stepping through the walls plastered a blinding shade of white

It was the second Tuesday of the month, restock day at the pharmacy.

He definitely wasn't an unfamiliar face, everyone knew the charming son of Lee Minchul. His cool aura surrounded him and he had a natural hop with each of his steps, waving at each of the nurses since he somehow knew everyone.

"Hey, Doc!"

"Nice hair, Nurse Minji! Did you get it cut?"

"Loving the new surgery shoes, Doctor Yoon!"

The boy overflowed with charisma, capturing the hearts of all the middle aged doctors in the building. He walked over to the main receptionist office, hoping to see a familiar face- the only one that was his age, in fact.

And to his luck, she was sitting in the rolling chair with a stack of papers at the front desk.

"How's it going, Nurse Miyeon?" he smirked, glancing at the girl who appeared shorter while sitting down.

She snapped her head up at the distinct voice, a smile automatically grazing her lips. "Oh yeah, it's Tuesday. Also, I say this every time you visit- I'm not a nurse yet." she chuckled, exposing the whites of her teeth.

"Anything new?" he popped one of the candies from the glass jar into his mouth.

Miyeon pushed her short platinum hair behind her ear, rubbing her eyes as she sat back into her seat. "You know, receptionist things." she shrugged.

"Oh wait, there's a new volunteer around my age. He's quite... the character."

Just on cue, the short boy came through the automatic doors, lugging a cart of insulin bags. The sweat could be seen through his blue scrubs, making Mark stifle his laughter.

"Nice seeing you here, airhead." he smirked, looking at the younger one who got grounded after the party.

"Mark?" Renjun panted, leaning on the cart to catch his breath.

"Renjun, I told you to bring it up to the third floor where the diabetic patients are, why are you back?" Miyeon grumbled, eyeing the full cart of liquids.

"I needed to ask a question before I dropped it off! Is it for type one or type two patients?" he scratched his head, making Mark let out the most obnoxious laugh.

Miyeon looked down in distress, clutching the pen tightly in her hands. "It doesn't matter they both need insulin." she groaned.

"Oh.... right." he trailed off, looking at the plastic bags sealed in front of him. "What brings you here?" he asked Mark, still catching his breath from running around the foreign medical grounds.

"Here to pick up a restock and just a few prescriptions." Mark turned towards Miyeon, making her face light up.

"Right- Renjun, go get the stock for Lee Jin's Pharmacy from A18 and from the prescription room please." she gleamed, happy to get away from the clumsy boy once again. The tired volunteer let out an exasperated sigh, slugging over to find the unfamiliar room.