sixteen

Luckily the night before, Seorin had finally gotten a decent amount of sleep

Luckily the night before, Seorin had finally gotten a decent amount of sleep. Her complexion had regained color and she wasn't twitching with caffeine in her system, making her get through the day smoothly.

As expected, she flat out ignored Jisung during their English class, still holding a grudge against him because of her burn. Of course, he didn't mind though. He was glad he could finally get some peace and quiet in the morning, unbothered by her bickering for once.

Seorin walked into the cafeteria, trailing her eyes over to her usual seat. On a daily basis, Hyerin would always arrive before her, leaving her to wonder why the table was completely empty.

She scanned the rest of the room, landing her eyes onto a familiar face, or potential couple, she should say. Her jaw dropped slightly, watching the two subtly exchange flirty gestures.

Hesitantly, she made her way over, avoiding eye contact with the rest of the boys sitting at the table.

"Seorin! Jaemin invited us to sit here." Hyerin grinned, looking up at her confused expression.

"Yeah, I can see that." she stood awkwardly beside the group of friends, feeling all of their eyes on her. Not once in their life had she befriended any of them, making the tension grow.

"Well, are you gonna sit down silly?" Hyerin patted the spot next to her. She set her bag down, tentatively sitting on the cold chair.

Her eyes trailed over all of their faces, knowing each of their names without talking to some of them once. It's like just being in their presence caused the temperature to rise, their blazing energy radiated off of them strongly.

"Hey- woah, why are they..." a Chinese boy set his tray down, eyeing the two new girls at the table.

"Hyerin and I wanted to sit together, she brought Seorin along too." Jaemin explained, causing him to sit down in confusion.

"Oh, Baek Seorin... Jisung's mentioned you before." Chenle muttered.

She raised an eyebrow, curious as to why he had her name in his mouth. "Oh really, what has he said?" she passive aggressively responded.

"Uh..."

"Don't speak for me, Chenle." a raspy voice hissed, making the boy flinch at the sound. Seorin rolled her eyes, already knowing who it could possibly be.

"Why are you here?" he spat, looking down at her figure.

"Trust me, I didn't choose to sit here." she muttered, looking down on her sleeve.

Jisung angrily slammed his lunch tray on the table, taking the only other open seat which was next to her. He was too drained from the weekend to fight her, exhausted from dealing with his own battles back at home.

To say the least, the atmosphere was highly awkward, only the sound of Jaemin and Hyerin's flirting, along with Hyuck and Renjun's bickering was heard. Jisung aggressively ate his food, stabbing it with his fork like it wasn't already dead.