sixty eight

Jisung fumbled with the ends of his tie, hopelessly watching a YouTube video on his desk as he struggled

"I tried doing that five times!" he groaned in frustration, seeing it not look correct in the slightest.

Ultimately giving up, he threw it onto his bed, settling for a bow tie.

Mom always helped me tie my ties, he grumbled in his head.

He ran his fingers through his freshly cut hair, attempting to set it in place to the best of his abilities. His eyes trailed over to the gel bottle in front of his mirror, contemplating whether or not he should put any more effort.

"Nah." he mumbled to himself, seeing it frame his facial structure well anyways.

A knock on the door was heard, causing him to avert his attention to the turning knob.

"Elegant, son." the monotonous voice rang, looking at his appearance up and down.

"Current leaders have to head there earlier, I expect you to be on time at exactly seven o'clock sharp." Jiwoon sternly instructed, tossing over the car keys he hadn't seen in months.

Jisung simply nodded in response, not wanting to waste his breath talking to him.

"Remember our deal, Jisung." he said lowly before closing the door behind him, leaving his son with the echoes of his voice.

Tensely, he stood there immersed in his own thoughts, recollecting all the conversations they had prior to this big day.

"You must challenge her, Jisung."

"Dad, I can't." he gawked, in disbelief with his delusions.

"If you don't, I know exactly what'll make you. Everything is on the line that night, son. You know what that includes."

He shuddered at the remembrance, quickly tearing himself out of the suffocating thoughts.

"Challenge her to an Inferno, yeah right. What does he think this is? 90 BC?" he scoffed, straightening out his black tuxedo.

Some may call it elegant, but he looked extremely intimidating. Dressed in nearly all black, he was radiating a wicked persona.

Even through the thick fabric, his muscular build was still visible, making him a towering monster. His eyes were even black, the color that never changed since that day in October.

His heart raced at the thought of her, realizing it was his first time possibly saying a single word to her after three months.

Only the worse came to mind, drowning himself in his own anxieties once again.

What if she doesn''t like me anymore?

Or even worse, what if she never did in the first place?