seventy two

Everyone fell into a tense silence, jaws dropped to the floor

Her parents held onto each other, feeling their hearts sink down to their stomachs. Mark and Hyerin's family looked at each other in disbelief, staring at the Baek's in shock.

All her friends exchanged the same expression from across the room, nerves building up in their system.

Jisung had the most exasperated expression on his face, staring at her back figure.

Taking a deep breath, Seorin shakily exhaled, eyeing the face of all of the people she disappointed one last time before flickering her attention over to one man.

She took the microphone off the stand and into her hand, glaring him down as her eyes shifted to a shade of red.

"Not with Park Jiwoon running free in our Republic."

Just when you thought things couldn't get any more insane, the crowd collectively gasped, averting their attention to the man dressed in all black.

"I have something to say before I make my decision." she began, taking a step closer to the front of the stage.

"This man, our own fire leader, is guilty of manipulating the media, censoring the internet, and as disgusting as it may seem, first degree murder."

On cue, Chenle approached the laptop presenting the slideshow and pushed the man controlling it out of the way, plugging in a new USB to display. Jaemin pulled Jisung out of the way who was utterly stunned, giving everyone a clear view of the screen.

Jiwoon quirked an eyebrow upwards, wondering what these kids had got up their sleeve.

"T-Those are my files." Jin stuttered, seeing the titles of familiar files pop up onto the screen. Chenle double clicked it, leading them to an audio.

But before he could click play, Jiwoon stood up, walking onto the stage.

"So you've figured it out, little girl." he wickedly smirked, looking up at down at her figure.

"You're a sick person, Park Jiwoon. Not only have you been lying to the Republic, but to your son, Park Jisung- or should I say, Kim Jisung." she gritted her teeth, not allowing him to get under her skin.

Jisung stared at the two, clueless as to what either of them were talking about.

"What the hell is going on?" he stepped towards them, clenching his fists in unexplainable anger.

"Jisung, he kill-"

"Son, can't you see?" Jiwoon laid a hand onto his shoulder, making him tense up at the touch.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Jisung hissed, his eyes changing into a fiery crimson.

Jiwoon sighed, clearing his throat to prepare his own speech.