twenty nine

The week had been passing by painfully slow, each day feeling longer the previous one

Seorin had been non stop studying for her classes, considering she was assigned four tests this week. She felt like her head was about to explode with the amount of knowledge she had to retain, mentally cursing herself for taking all honors classes.

"Hey, Jeno. Can you help me with this problem?" she asked at the lunch table, rubbing her eyes under the frames of her clear glasses. He gladly walked over to her side, leaning over the shoulder to view the question. Jisung retracted his head backwards, leaning away from the two in his personal space.

"Hm, chemistry!" Renjun cleared his throat, referring to the both of them in close proximity, gaining a laugh from Hyuck.

Jisung rolled his eyes at their comments, continuing to scroll through his phone inattentively. Chenle noticed his dissociation, glancing at the cold expression on his face.

"Dude, are you okay?" he questioned, locking eyes with his.

"Yeah, why?" Jisung replied, harsher than he expected. Chenle gulped, recognizing something was different about him.

"Your eyes are green."

Jisung widened them a fraction before frantically rubbing them. This doesn't make sense, he thought to himself.

"Jisung, you good?" Hyerin noticed his fearful expression, concerned with his frantic actions. He looked up at her emerald orbs, being reminded that his were reflecting the same thing. Wordlessly, he ran to the restroom, having to get away from the rest of them.

He rushed into a stall, locking it behind him quickly. His fists clenched tightly before creating a spark, kindling a small flame.

Frustrated, yet not surprised, it reflected the same colors he had seen the weekend before. He threw it into the toilet, making it sizzle it the slightest.

"Hey, you good man?" a rather frightened voice tore him out of his thoughts from the stall over. He scoffed, exiting the stall to approach the mirrors on the wall.

Just as Chenle said, his irises held a green hue that corresponded with his flame, making him groan to himself in distress. Small speckles of gold were sprinkled in the evergreen shade, causing him to frustrate himself even more.

He ran the faucet, splashing the warm water onto his face.

"You know, when your father was courting me, his fire would reflect the exact same thing when he would see me with another boy."

His mother's words echoed through his head, causing his to tug at his hair in every which way.

No, push it away, Jisung. None of this makes any sense.

"Jisung, are you okay?" Jeno's kind voice snapped him out of his head, making him turn to his aggressively.

His eyes met his, making Jeno halt in his steps. He noticed the different shade held in them, filling him with concern.