thirty eight

one week later, wednesday

Time had passed since the two turned in their essays, both earning exceptional grades.

Seorin's curiosity still grew as she wondered what he could've possibly written about her, but Jisung couldn't care less.

The girls continued sitting with them at lunch, ultimately becoming best friends with all of them. Who knew one thing Seorin feared was losing the connection she made with Jisung after the project was over?

Mark, Hyerin, and Seorin had calmed down with their own conspiracy, reaching almost a dead end. There was nothing else they could discover or attempt to debunk, and they figured their little antics should stop for a minute, especially now that they're friends with Jisung.

Nevertheless, they've hung out altogether many times in the past week- that is when Hyerin isn't with Jaemin. Despite Mark's deep hatred for the Na family, he's pushed it aside for the sake of this best friend's happiness, understanding that he isn't so bad after all.

Speaking of family feuds, there was one that was slowly resolving.

"Rinnie, when is Ji-Ji coming over?" the little girl whined, sitting at the foot of her and Hyerin's feet.

"So cute, she calls him Ji-Ji!" Hyerin cooed, making Seorin roll her eyes.

"Him and I don't have to work together anymore, so probably not anytime soon." she shrugged. Aerin's lips pursed heavily, looking up at her with puppy eyes.

"B-But you always said teamwork was impornant!" she retorted.

"First off, it's important. Second, we aren't on a team anymore." Seorin groaned, annoyed by her extremely high pitched voice.

"You know what else is important?" Mark said from the other couch, levitating one of the pebbles from her mother's orchid display. The two girls raised an eyebrow in his direction.

"Going to NCT's party this weekend!" he cheered. Seorin automatically rolled her eyes, but Aerin joined in on his celebration. "Yeah, no." she brushed it off.

"Come on, how about you Hyerin?" Mark pleaded.

She looked up in thought, following up with the shrug of her shoulders. "As long as I can bring Jaemin, I don't mind going." she hummed, making the other two widen their eyes.

"Uh... fine." Mark grumbled, still not used to the fact that they were together.

"Hye! That means I have to go." Seorin huffed, looking at her in betrayal.

"Well, what's holding you back? You can meet hot college boys." she smirked, nudging her on the shoulder. "I don't wanna meet hot college boys." Seorin mumbled in response.

"Oh yeah, because you have two fire shifters wrapped around your finger." Mark added, earning a pillow thrown in his direction.

"I do not." Seorin seethed through her teeth.