seventy three

"What?" she breathed out, wiggling out of Mark and Hyerin's grip

"This will commence in the courtyard out this way, I've been waiting for this your whole lives." Jiwoon viciously grinned, leading himself through the back doors.

Seorin turned to her family, looking at them with fear in her eyes.

"Mom, dad. I don't know what to do." she whimpered, holding herself in the warmth of her own arms.

"Sweetie, it's gonna be okay. Jeno told me about Jihyeon, I have to head to the ICU." Aera pressed her lips to her forehead, nervously frowning down at her daughter.

"Y-You knew her?" Seorin choked out.

"She was my best friend and now I have to save her." Aera rushed out of the hall, making a dash towards her car.

"Princess, whatever you do, do not let your guard down." Seojoon held her in his arms, feeling her uneasiness.

"Why can't I just say nah and call it a night?!" she groaned, seeing Jisung head to the courtyard with the rest of the crowd.

"It's a sacred practice. Everyone who's denied an Inferno has been cursed by the wrath of the fire shifter's ancestors. There's unfortunately no getting out of it, my dear." Jin sighed deeply, weighing out all of her possible options.

"It's a full moon. He might have trained longer than you, but you're stronger than you think. All you have to do is tire him till he taps out, it'll put an end to the whole thing." Uncle Jin reassured her, gazing at the vast moon shining through the curtains.

"How will I know if he taps out?"

"When someone forfeits, their get on their knees and keep their fists up, indicating that they can't go on any longer."

"Rin, we'll be on the sidelines just incase it gets bad. Like Uncle said, you just have to tire him out, that won't take too long since he trains everyday for hours. Try not to hurt him too badly, we need him coming out of this alive." Mark pushed her hair behind her ear, the rest of them surrounding her as well.

"Hey, guys. I'm going to the hospital with Seorin's mom. I just got a call that she's in terrible condition, she might be having another stroke." Miyeon panicked, giving Mark a kiss on the cheek before rushing out.

"Seorin, kick some ass." Hyerin smiled, not doubting her best friend in the slightest.

"Think of it as another video game, you always beat him anyways." Hyuck chuckled, trying to lighten the situation a bit.

Seorin inhaled a deep breath, letting out all of her anxieties.

As she approached the courtyard of the Neo Office, everyone was sat in the chairs out there. The courtyard was historically used for Infernos, giving the two a large playing ground to use. All of the lamps were lit with different hues of fire, illuminating the whole area. Everyone sat with fright and anticipation, considering there hadn't been an Inferno since Uncle Jin's.