forty six

As always, Seorin lugged herself to her first class, laying onto the hard surface as she caught up on sleep from the night before

The only thing that got her through yesterday was the idea of seeing Jisung once more- even if it were against her mother's orders.

After all, she can't see them from seeing each other at school, right?

Suddenly, the attendance bell rung, indicating that class had started. She looked up to her right, hoping to see the face she missed the entire weekend.

Yet he wasn't there.

Distraught, she bit her lip in thought, pushing back the idea of the worst possibilities.

Maybe he's late, she pondered.

Anxiety rose in her system as the class progressed, no sign of Jisung anywhere. Mr. Jeong's words went in one ear and out the other, tuned out as she could only think about one person.

Sneakily, she took out her phone, holding it in her lap as she opened an active chat.

She scrolled through the messages starting from Sunday morning, only to see that he hadn't said a single word. Her bottom lip was held hostage by her teeth as she locked it, shaking her leg subconsciously.

The emptiness next to her felt unpleasant, used to his snarky remarks and fiery aura right beside her. Only the worst came to her mind, not helping the nerves nipping at her at all.

I'll see him at lunch, she told herself- attempting to ease her mind.

-

"What happened to you?" Donghyuck eyed the tired boy, completely fatigued from the day before. He pulled out a chair beside him, throwing himself onto it.

"I trained for eight hours yesterday." he sighed, taking a bite of his apple.

"My mom is making me volunteer at the hospital." Renjun added, rolling his eyes with dread.

"My mom took away my airpods!" Chenle exclaimed, continuing to play his game with the volume up. Hyuck scoffed, snatching the phone out of his hands to turn it off.

"Me and Seorin are grounded till next month." Hyerin groaned, angrily laying her head on Jaemin's shoulder. He pouted in disapproval as he was the only one who didn't get in trouble.

"Has anyone heard from Jisung?" Seorin spoke softly, looking around the cafeteria for any trace of the boy. The table shook their head together, realizing he hadn't shown up.

Letting out a deep exhale, she pulled out her phone to open a chat.

park >:)

hey are you okay?
why didn't you come to school?

Worry couldn't help itself from washing over her, biting the skin off her lip in distress. Jeno noticed from across the table and sent her a reassuring look, barely easing her nerves.