fifty two

"Mom, can me and Hyerin go to the library for a research project?" Seorin asked, nervous of her plan failing

Aera let out a frustrated sigh, pushing the reading glasses up her nose bridge. "Research for what?"

She paused in place, biting her bottom lip. "Psychology, studying the spirituality of shifting." she acted as normal as she could, making her mother contemplate.

She really needs to get some vitamin D, Aera thought to herself.

"Since it's for school purposes, okay. Don't be out for too long, you're still grounded." she enforced sternly, making Seorin release the breath she had been holding in.

Swiftly, she exited her house, hopping into the front seat of Hyerin's car.

"Dude, I'm shaking." she shivered, buckling her seatbelt while they exited her driveway.

"Don't be nervous, I didn't even tell my mom I was going out." Hyerin laughed, sitting back comfortably into her seat. Seorin rolled her eyes, aware of her friend's rebellious tendencies.

"Thankfully the museum is free on Thursdays, all we have to do is go to the library and try to find anything fishy." Seorin briefly explained.

"That library is huge- do you really think we'll be able to find anything? There's probably a million history books." she bit her lip, staying focused on the road.

"Let's try finding books dated a while ago, like maybe even before our parents were born. Everything seems to have gotten jumbled up before they were put in office."

Hyerin shrugged, pulling up to the grand building in the center of town.

It was the middle of fall, making the air chilly and crisp. They stepped on the leaves that have fallen, enjoying the crunching sounds that they gave off.

Seorin wasn't looking much better, but there was progress. The tea Uncle Jin instructed her to brew helped her regain appetite and some of the weight she had loss, along with a bit more color to her complexion. If anything, the only thing really helping her feel better was the idea of figuring everything out, getting answers to all of her questions.

They entered in easily, taking in the view of the walls plastered white. Along them were traditional detailing, giving off the setting of ancient times.

The two passed by many exhibits, including ones that had portraits of their own ancestors. Seorin smiled slightly at the sight of the beautiful Moon Tribe exhibit, looking at the traditional clothing from her background.

Encased in glass boxes were weapons of old shifters, including canons and actual deadly water guns. There were also remnants from the Great Elemental War from the Old Republic, which lead to the formation of the Neo Elemental Republic.

"Wow, your great great grandfather used this." Hyerin's eyes scanned over the plaque, reading the name Baek Siwon engraved neatly beside some sort of contraption.