sixty one

Pain

Pain.

It coursed through her limbs as her blood rushed with fury, her eyes not wavering from the maroon, almost black shade.

What was it this time?

Heartbreak? Not necessarily.

Envy? Something of the sorts.

Betrayal? Most definitely.

It didn't help that she resorted to Mark's house, ultimately finding out that he knew about their contact as well.

At this point, she felt like she had no one.

Not any of the boys, her best friends, or even the person she longed for the most- breaking down teasingly every second they were apart.

For once, she sat there, feeling the energy from the gibbous moon channel into her. The weather was unpleasant, the wind messing up her hair even if it was cut short.

Encased in the darkness and emotions that were eating at her live flesh, she barely gripped onto the metal railing she was sat on, watching her feet dangle over the waves that rippled underneath.

The perpetual pain in her chest was unbearable at this point, slicing through every artery that was beating. The butterflies had turned into moths, just looking for a light at the end of the tunnel.

But when would it end?

When does the pain ever stop?

On the rollercoaster she strapped into, it was no longer fun. Blindly throwing her through every twist and turn life gives her, she was scared, begging for it all to end.

The cold draft entered her lungs, creating dryness in her throat. It burned in the chilly air, harshly hitting her body closer to the current.

It was times like this where she wondered what it'd be like if she just let go, take off the seatbelt that kept her on the ride. She wondered where the wind would take her- what pure liberty felt like.

She no longer wanted to be tied down into the reality she shattered herself in, longing to become one with the waves that ebbed and flowed underneath her boots.

A harsh cough left her lips, becoming a hacking fit. Her mouth was dry with the rest of her organs, itching for a sip of water from the amount of crying she'd done.

As she removed her hand from her mouth, she looked down at in in slight shock, surprised with the crimson liquid that came out of her esophagus.

Blood?

With her free hand, she took the droplets into her fingertips, making her mouth fall agape.

"I can shift blood?" she whispered, forming it into a scarlet bubble. Curiously, she shifted it into different shapes, amazed with how much heavier it felt than water.