thirteen

"I-it was blue

"I-it was blue." Seorin stuttered out, her mouth open agape at the sight. She was aware that colored flames were possible to shift, but she had never seen someone make them in real life.

"You ever lit a kitchen stove before?" he snarled, quickly losing patience with her.

"Um, actually my stove is electric." she mumbled.

Jisung turned around sharply, his dark eyes locking with hers. Intimidation washed over her, unfamiliar with this side of him. His fist balled up again, only sparking slightly.

"Didn't I tell you to fuck off?"

Seorin gulped in her place, still not moving for some reason. She studied his body language, his shoulders slumped over and his head hanging down low. The veins were practically trying to pry out of his skin and his face was flushed red with anger.

Hesitantly, she took a step closer to him.

"Jisung, are you okay?"

He clenched his fist tighter, gazing down at her apathetically. "For someone who talks a lot, you sure don't know how to listen." he growled, lowering his eyes at her inching closer.

She brushed off his harsh words, aware that he was speaking out more irrationally than usual. "I know we don't get along, but you can talk-"

"God, that's the thing I hate about you the most! You just talk all the time and never fucking stop!" he exclaimed, a tail of blue fire leaving his mouth with his words. She trembled in fear, never seeing a flame like that come out of someone.

"You're clearly not feeling alright, I'm just trying to help." she pleaded softly, trying to rationalize with him.

"I never asked for help from a sensitive water shifter, so get lost, Seorin." his patience was growing thinner by the second, a small ignition kindling at the palm of his hand.

"It's not bad to ask for help when you need it." she responded, not giving in. He stayed silent, knowing that if he were to say anything else he could potentially just explode.

"Jisung, you can talk about it." she placed a hand on his shoulder, immediately causing him to act hastily. He harshly ripped her hand away from him, coming in contact with the same flame that was burning up.

Seorin let out a small cry of pain, stumbling backwards at the tingling sensation. She looked down to see her pale hands painted red, evident that she had been burned by his shifting. Her eyes met his with fear, looking into practical black holes. He was devoid of guilt, insensitive towards any emotion she felt.

Feeling hurt and betrayed, she stormed down the sidelines of the river, trying to get far enough from him as possible. She mentally cursed herself for being so nice, attempting to possibly see the good in a person like him.

Instinctively, she shifted water from the river, running it over her scarred hand in hopes of healing it quickly. Luckily, she learned from her mother the ways water could mend, whether it be emotionally or physically.