forty seven

Heat

Heat.

It radiated off of his body as he gripped the bar tightly in his palms, feeling it go up and down his sternum. His lean muscles looked as if they were about to burst out of his body, tiredly lifting the weights.

As he returned it back to the stand, he laid on the seat, feeling the sweat drip through his hair. His skin stuck to the leather seat of the bench press which he had been using for the past hour, strengthening his arms and chest.

It was Monday, an entire week since the party.

And a week since his father unenrolled him from school.

It was in attempt to make him avoid all contact with Seorin, as well as enter training full send with an early start. This also included blocking her on all forms of communication, like her number.

He was fuming, completely angry with the bastard who supposedly raised him. The blood rushing swiftly through his veins was fueled by infuriation and spite, yet helped him improve immensely with his training.

Exhausted, he grabbed the white towel next to him and wiped his forehead, sitting up in the process.

Paced breaths left his lungs as he looked down at his feet, clothed with his new workout sneakers.

If there was one thing his father was good at, it definitely was materialism- just enough to think it was a compensation for his lack of love.

Though nothing excused his actions, making the void inside of Jisung grow large at a concerning rate.

Not only did his undeniable devastation grow within him, his skill set did as well.

Intensive training had him building a more broad, masculine structure, already outgrowing some of his smaller shirts. His flames had never been stronger, able to grow as high as a three story building. Needless to say, Jiwoon was successfully training him to be invincible.

But what was his drive at this point?

He was slaving away under his father's thumb, destroying his body to become the monster he wants him to be. The emptiness devoid inside of his body was slowly consuming him, sucking him into the numbness that tried to drown him.

It was all fueled by anger against the person who he was under. Training a fire shifter through rage was dangerous, proven to have terrible psychological effects. But Jiwoon didn't care, knowing that the anger would only make him indestructible.

And Jisung couldn't do anything about it.

"If you resist, you know what will happen to her."

The horror filled tone echoed throughout his head, haunting him with the emotions that slowly pricked his nerves.

No matter how badly his body wanted to give up, no matter how much he hated his father- he couldn't go against him.