fifty four

"Nurse Miyeon!" a happy voice cheered, making her snap her head up abruptly

A pleasant surprise was in front of her, greeted by the thin smile plastered on his lips. He set down a brown paper bag, along with a plastic cup filled with a milky liquid.

"Not a nurse, but what brings you here, Mark?" she chuckled, caught off guard from his sudden appearance.

"I got you off training early and decided to make you lunch! Actually- my uncle made it, but that's besides the point. I know you're not a fan of plain tea, so I asked my him to make some milk tea." he grinned widely as she stabbed the straw into it, taking a long sip.

"Wow, this is delicious!" she returned the smile, enjoying the sweet flavor dancing on her tongue.

"Thanks, it's jasmine! Do you like the black ball things at the bottom? Uncle Jin makes them himself, it's called tapioca- but I couldn't say it when I was little so we call it boba." Mark scratched the back of his neck.

Miyeon giggled at his never ending rambles, chewing the soft spheres. "They're actually really yummy, he should sell these." she took out the lunch he had packed for her, separating the chopsticks that came along.

"Yeah, I always tell him that. How's work?"

Miyeon held back the urge to roll her eyes, checking her watch to see that she still had three more hours till she could clock out.

"It's not work if you don't get paid, but I'm managing." she shrugged, taking a sushi into her mouth.

"You got it, the weekend's basically here! Where's the little guy?" Mark questioned. Miyeon furrowed her eyebrows before letting out a laugh, realizing who he was referring to.

"Renjun? He should be-"

"Mark!" a boy's voice yelled, making both of them turn their heads. The smaller guy panted in his scrubs, leaning onto the reception desk.

"Ew, don't get your sweat on the paperwork." Miyeon scrunched up her face, removing the stack  underneath his forearm.

"Sorry, what brings you here big head?" Renjun teased, making his eyes roll.

"Just visiting, wanted to see my favorite nurse." he smirked, making Miyeon's cheeks flush a shade of red.

"Me? Dude, I'm not a nurse, but-"

"Not you, airhead." he face palmed, making him huff in place.

"Actually, Renjun, could you bring these to the health records room? Just figure out where they should be on the labels." Miyeon handed him a file folder, making him let out a huge sigh.

"You're always giving me things to do!" he complained, yet took the files anyways.

Miyeon chuckled, shaking her head at his mini fit. "I never knew how great it was to have a volunteer around here."