thirty one

"Where to first?" Seorin grinned, gazing up at the colorful lights

The festival wasn't too filled, but just lively enough. The aroma of popcorn and fried food carried throughout the air, along with the sound of people's laughter and screams.

"Up to you." Jisung shrugged, walking by her side with his hands in his pockets.

"Okay, let's go on that then!" she mischievously smirked, pointing at the biggest rollercoaster there was. Jisung felt his stomach drop as he stared at it with nervous eyes, halting in his steps.

"How about we go there?" he pointed to a children's booth where kids were taking photos with a dressed up clown. Seorin rapidly shook her head no, shuddering at the thought of getting near one.

"Rock paper scissors?" she suggested.

He rolled his eyes at her childish solution, but held his hand out nevertheless.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" they yelled in unison.

Seorin put down rock, while Jisung put down scissors- making his eyes widen.

"Ha! Let's go now!" she squealed, running in the direction of the giant contraption. He let out a deep sigh, but quickly snapped out of his thoughts as he saw she had disappeared out of his sight.

"Seorin!" he yelled, catching sight of her light purple sweater. He let out a frustrated breath, setting an arm on her shoulder to stop her.

"Slow down, you're gonna get lost." he grumbled.

With no thought, she wrapped her arm around his, causing him tense up suddenly. She paced her steps, making sure Jisung could keep up.

Seorin enjoyed the natural heat radiating off his figure, warming herself up in the surrounding evening air. He averted his gaze down to her, seeing the gentle smile plastered on her face. As expected, butterflies swirled in his stomach, catching a whiff of her coconut shampoo in the wind.

At last, they reached the towering ride, falling into the decently long line.

"Aw, there's a height requirement. Guess you can't get on." he smirked, seeing her expression harden.

"Shut up, the requirement is four feet." she pouted, looking at the sign.

He looked down at her once again, noticing she was still wrapped around his side.

"You can let go now, we aren't walking." he pointed out. Although, she didn't waver, holding onto his arm tightly.

"You're really warm, it's chilly right now." she shrugged, leaning her cheek against the fabric of his jacket. Despite the shock that ran through him, he didn't stray away from her contact, feeling warm from not just her heat embracing his arm.

The two stayed like this until it was their turn in line, directed to a row. Jisung felt the nerves in his stomach rise, causing him to shake in fear. He pulled the seatbelt over him, making it as tight on his body as possible.