⁰⁰³ | inky skies

✨

____________________________

A woman once dead - lives in the past,
But, the aftermath of her cruelty forever lasts.
A heartbroken man lives forever in art,
With nothing to ever fix his broken heart.
_____________________________

It's soon time when Xhangnim beckons all the scattered students to the main hall.

"The planetary alignment is about to take place." He informs you all in a hushed voice. You love the way he makes ordinary things sound so... juicy.

For some strange reason, you feel your hair stand on ends.

You ignore the feeling right away. You have this sixth sense that sometimes decides to spring up to prove its existence when you seldom need it.

..To sleep well at night.

You are led to the rooftop where you will be handed special telescopes to witness the event.

"Alright, take your positions. Make sure you wear your glasses before you peep through the telescope." He instructs, "Sometimes, it can burn your retina."

You nod as you put on the thin membrane of the lens over your glass and peep through the telescope.

The night air is unusually chilly, or it's just that you all wore light clothes since it was summer.

You should have anticipated the dangerously rapid drop in temperature. But, how could you?

You were busy gazing at the skies.

A hushed silence fell over the earth as the planets clicked into their orbits into a straight line. You imagined a majestic rumbling in space the size of the giant planets as they all froze in the sky.

"Do you see it?" Xhangnim asked softly and there's a murmur of agreement.

There's a white ring as the moon is obscured by the shadow of the earth and it quickly disappears, leaving the sky moonless.

The rustling of the trees stopped and you expected your friends to make a few funny comments or something.. but everybody was silent.

Everybody was gazing through their telescopes at the sky.

You're wondering about the love story though. Did it progress? Who was the prince? Who curses the brothers? What was the curse? What do the rings do? Why did the serpent move? Did it move? Did the princess die? Is this real?

If it's not, you don't care. You just want to know the whole story.

You want to know from start to end.

How they met. How they got buried.

Every single detail. You don't care how many graves you have to dig and you don't care how much of the earth you rip open even if it's to hell. You will dig the devils out and make them talk if you have to.