⁰⁵⁶ | heart to heart

He goes through everything.

If he put what he had gathered and combined it with what you had been researching about and recording in your diary, then things could be dealt with easily!

If only...if only the two of you never lied to each other about your identities...a lot of the unfortunate events would never have happened.

But what would Taehyung or you know that Noran never meddled in anything for all the right reasons? Some things are supposed to happen.

It's all part of the butterfly effect.

Life is always full of ifs and buts and humans make stupid mistakes, but without making those mistakes, humans can't grow wiser. What will they learn from if not their mistakes?

Taehyung sits in remorseful silence on the floor as he goes through every bits and piece of your journal. A big part of your masterplan was taped to the page with tons of messy diagrams.

G U C C I

The card some modelling agency gave to Taehyung.

He had kept it in his pocket despite the confusion just because that was the first thing he received when he came to this world.

(Aside from the apple that TheAnonymousDude gave him ofc 🤡)

But when he passed out on the island and came back, the card was gone from his pocket.

So did you steal it then? Were you making up plans ever since that time?

He couldn't believe while you were up and about acting stupid and cringy in front of others, you were secretly devising strategies in your room and making plans on destroying the Queen and...

He gulped down his emotions to complete his train of thought.

...and protect the Crown Prince.

You had a common enemy all along and you were always on the same side.

If only.

Sigh. Then you both would have easily cooperated and today you would be sitting right next to him, your small hand in his big, comforting ones, his lips encompassing your pretty ones and he'd be confessing his undying love for you with every breath and every kiss.

What will he ever do to make it up? The main reason why he hasn't died out of guilt yet is because you put your life on the line to carry out your...final...mission. You would have then suffered in vai-

No. It's not your final mission.

You will live.

He will not let you die.

You did not suffer in vain. He will never let you suffer ever again. He will never let anything ever cause you any pain.

He promises himself. He will give you a life of comfort and luxury and it was never conditional. He always planned to.

He never cared about your identity.

But now that he knows...now that the guilt is crushing him even when it wasn't he himself who hurt you out of his own choice...he still takes it upon himself and makes a concrete vow that he will never let a soul touch a single hair of your body.