⁰³² | at a checkmate

The world dissolved from around her.

Not only because of the words she had just heard but also because of the warmth in his embrace, the gentleness.

And the emotions he was trying to pack into that one small hug he gave her before pulling away.

It made her melt on the insides.

Even killed her a little.

But she didn't get to say anything.

Because there was a haunting tune echoing through the castle walls.

Something everybody in the Kingdom feared.

The singing of the sirens.

"Ten.. Nine..
♪..There's an impostor to find..♪

..Eight.. Seven..
♪..they will infiltrate your coven..♪

..Six.. Five..
♪..you must bury them alive..♪

..Four.. Three..
♪.. they should never walk out free..♪

..Two.. One..
♪..their hell has just begun..♪"

Blood drained from her face and her heart thundered heavily. Was this the end?

She grabbed her sword hurriedly and fixed her veil.

She should run and get caught in order to save Taehyung. 

She thinks they're both impostors and believes she must protect him worrying that if he gets caught...then nobody will "protect" the Prince as Taehyung said he will for her till she gets stronger to assassinate the Prince herself.

She bowed her head as she was about to run, "Forgive me, but I must leave." But he immediately blocked her path.

"You're safest right here!" he said gripping her wrist desperately, "Don't move please!"

"The sirens-"

"The sirens are mischievous, they sing nonsense! Ignore them."

She begins to think he's an idiot for not grasping the seriousness of the situation. So she tells him she'll be a decoy.

A distraction.

And asks him to run.

She doesn't know he's the prince. And that nothing will happen if he gets caught.