⁰¹⁰ | memory palace

➴➵➶➴➵➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

➴➵➶➴➵➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

•-Narrator's POV-•

🎃

-that afternoon-

➴➵➶➴➵➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

[Edited]

They split up in teams of two.

Hobi and Yoongi left to scour the city and find a clue about what's going on and what's this strange city they've been thrown in.

Strange creatures with round four legs rolled down the city roads and they made unusual honk honk sounds that left Yoongi and Hobi staring at them in surprise. What was weird was the fact that humans weren't on its back, but they held a round rein in their hands and sat inside the animals.

Namjoon and Jin however on Namjoon's suggestion decided to stop by at a place where there would be a lot of books.

Namjoon assumed all legends and clues are always buried in places where there are books and so they hunted for a place with an enormous anthology of records of history.

But, no matter how much their powers gave them the advantage to transit through the city without spending a penny, they didn't miss the strange looks they were thrown by the passersby.

It's not the unwanted attention that made them uneasy, it was the fact that the mortals pulled out weird rectangular sorcery pockets and flashed magical lights on them.

"They're stealing our essences through those lights." Yoongi told Hobi in an undertone as they passed, "You see that flash? It's the mother of thunder from Tunderdethia. She's watching us and they're stealing our spirits to weaken us."

"They recognize us?" Hobi whispered back aggressively and Yoongi nodded slowly.

"Don't look at the light. It must work like the infamous Basilisk's eyes."

So they kept their heads down. They felt slightly out of place because their cloaks were kind of old fashioned.

A kid bumped into Yoongi, his tricycle plummeting over the sidewalk and he sat up to look at the towering men with wide fearful eyes.

He scurried away quickly before Yoongi could help him.

Hobi turned to glance at the tricycle, a concerned look splattered across his features, "That's a strange three-legged creature. Is it hurt? It's not getting up."