⁰⁵⁹ | his plaything?

What broke him?

I want to ask him, but I know that will never work.

Taehyung is not a talker.

I just have a hunch that Cherry somehow pushes his wrong buttons all the time and provokes him too strongly. Because despite being strong and being vicious, he doesn't really easily get provoked and attack anybody.

He's like a sleeping dragon most of the time. Even when he does wake up, he assesses his enemy. And uses his powers according to their level, never according to his own.

He allows them to fight back and defend themselves. Among us, he was the only one who gave people deaths of dignity by allowing them to put up a fight. He always does.

His enemies always died with pride knowing they did fight for survival; weren't just crushed like a bug.

But I don't understand why then, this fragile little flower has to get crushed in his hands again and again.

"Taehyung's purpose to get Cherry back on her feet might be a little twisted," I begin as I turn to the other waiting, silent men, "But let's not exclude him. His energy matters and it's anyway working in a way to give her the power to heal herself. Later on, if he tries to attack her...Jungkook is not alone in wanting to protect her. Maybe after she gets better, we will find another way to go back to Dethia. We can set her free. She has the right to walk away from us. She has the right to never be hurt again."

Jungkook merely scoffs, a little sadly, but his lips are quirked up a little in sarcastic agitation at one corner before he glares at me.

"I will leave with Cherry once she recovers."

Three bored voices mumble "Yeah whatever"

"There was something she wanted she said," Yoongi frowns a little thoughtfully, "Her girlfriend got kidnapped by some whore overseas, shouldn't we, perhaps, prepare a surprise for her by finding that girlfriend and let's hope it will boost our Cherry's health or something?"

"That's a very great idea," Namjoon hums, biting his lip, "Problem is, we don't know where to start from."

"Yeah, but one thing is clear, Cherry is Lebanese. So Jungkook stay away from her." Hobi scowls at him, "You hear me?"

"She's not Lebanese, she's not even Korean." I roll my eyes in frustration. Where does her ethnic identity come from anyway?

"He means less-bean," Yoongi corrects gruffly, yawning wide as he settles down on the mat next to Taehyung and stares at the sky sleepily.

"...It's lesbian," I mutter grumpily before turning my attention to them. For some reason, Jungkook and Jimin are staring at each other too intensely.

As if they're speaking to each other through their eyes.

Ever since we mentioned her girlfriend, Jimin seems uneasy. That's a little...strange, or maybe I'm overanalyzing everybody because of stress right now.

"Maybe we can look into her belongings or something tomorrow and find clues-" I stop when Taehyung sits up with a start suddenly, gasping as he feels around him frantically and with panicky movements he springs to his feet.

His eyes restlessly search for the coffin apparently and the moment he spots it, all seven strings now alight and entwined around the coffin, he relaxes.

While waiting for Jungkook and Taehyung to recover, the rest of us already went ahead with the ritual. Waiting for the youngest ones to come back to their senses was something we didn't really think was wise.