⁰⁰⁵ | raven cloak

✨

_________________________

The enigma heightens as the monsters grow closer,
The enigma of whether I'll succumb to their assault...
But, will it ensue while my heart still beats?
Or before that, will it halt?

Or whether I will become a part of them..?
Will I be able to beat them at their own game?
__________________________

You don't remember when, but you were so tired that you fell asleep right after you hid your book somewhere under your bed.

You feel strangely possessive over it so you keep it aside to read it when someone would not be lingering around.

Kriti and Joy depart for the airport and Sab takes off to explore the music festival that was taking place a few kilometers away from Berthum University.

It's not long before the academy is almost desolate and finally you're left alone that you absentmindedly take a stroll in the corridors on your way to the dorm in an attempt to get rid of the singing voice. It's so eerie that you can still hear the faint humming.

Is it happening outside? Or inside your head..?

Faintly, you recall them finding a couple of skeletons that happened to catch even the media's attention.

The lab door wasn't exactly locked which made it easy to enter without making much noise, although you're not even sure why you're sneaking around.

To ease your stress, you pull out bubblegum and shove it into your mouth as you take a stroll in the archaeological lab.

The sophisticated lab equipment and scanning electron microscopes have been arranged around a small sifting drawer.

You draw closer to take a look at the little case that sits innocently in the middle of the intimidatingly large pieces of equipment all looming over it.

A small yelp escapes your lips and you jump back with your hand at your mouth to silence yourself.

Tiny winged human skeletons sit waiting in the drawer.