⁰³⁵ | venom ⚠

"Assassin-sshi...?"

"Hmm?"

"What happens...to the wolf?"

"What happens to the wolf...?"

"D-Does he..uh...you know...kill the lamb...?"

"Do you need the answer right now?"

"Yes.."

"Haha."

"Does the lamb die? Can the wolf live with that?"

"Let me ask you, Cherrypie."

"Yes?"

"Did the lamb ever love the wolf back?"」

—☆゚.*・。゚.·°•~❀ × ❀~•°·.☆゚.*・。゚—

[⚠Gore]

Alas, that sweet romance lasted but just three days.

Even though he had brought her back to the cell as she insisted in her sleepy state and then made his way back to his chambers...nothing that night had gone the way she planned.

The only thing that went as she planned was the normal fact that Taehyung the Assassin was sleeping in his chambers as Taehyung the Prince, but who's gonna tell her?

Picking a storybook to read, he waited for the effects of the poison to kick in...but he was forced to wonder why it was taking so long.

What was wrong with the poison tonight?

He had no clue, but suddenly his mind was flooded rapidly with images of Cherry dying. He heard her screaming. Wailing. Shrieking in agony. On loop. She was begging for it to stop and he didn't know what the hell was happening, but with shaking hands he blocked his ears reflexively to stop the culprit.

It was the harp. The music.

The melody filled his head with torturous images and sounds of Cherry suffering, making him groan in misery as he tried to push those images away, but he found himself growing increasingly weak.

What the heck was this? Why was she burning? Was she burning? Why?! When?! He needed to see her this instant!

He cowered into the wall for comfort and solace from the horrific images, but the melody vanished just as suddenly as it had come when the blankets were pulled away from his body. His eyes jumped to meet with the sight of a masked lady who stood at his bed, her blade glistening in the moonlight.

The love of his life, the coolness of his eyes.

"Run," she said shortly as she grabbed his wrist, "You did your part. I'll deal with the rest, run to the dungeons and wait for me!"

She seemed to know what was happening to him. It seemed like she had planned it.

Well, she did.