⁰⁶² | the final string

"Where's Dr. V, Y/n?"

Y/n, or whatever the hell her name was, remains frozen on the doorstep, a small hand at the knob, wide curious eyes fixed on Taehyung.

She takes a long look from his black turtleneck, black leather jacket paired with black jeans to the stone-cold expression on his face, icy eyes hidden behind his silky dark bangs.

She frowns a little in confusion, but Baekhyun decides to help her unfreeze.

"Is your husband home? Lemme in. It's cold out and we are a little tired."

She moves aside instantly with short jerky motions, her eyes not leaving Taehyung as she lets them in.

After they have settled down on the sofa, Baekhyun turns to Y/n again. "He's from a mirror world. Quit staring. They're different persons."

"M-Mirror what?"

"Yeah. Doppelganger-Katherine-Pierce-Elena-Gilbert shit." Baekhyun waves a hand dismissively, "Where's V?"

"He's out," she says shakily, her eyes finally leaving Taehyung, "What is going on? What brought you here? I thought you left Psycure Research Center to move on from all the chaos?"

"Yeah, and I joined Berthum University in Daegu right after to get dragged in it again." Baekhyun grinned.

"Oh." was all she said as her hand absently went for a pen in her hand. She clicked it slowly.

"Relax, you guys." she said with a new smile, "It must have been a long, tiring...journey. Let loose your shoulders-"

For all we know, she had been lying, because next moment a handsome young man looking very much like Taehyung walked out of the study-room across the hall, crossed the long distance to the sofa where she sat and took the pen away to tuck it into his pocket.

Apparently, the said infamous hypnotist, Dr. V.

"You keep getting naughtier day by day," he scolded her as he turned to Baekhyun, absolutely unfazed by the presence of his doppelganger and proceeded to assess their dispositions.

"This is not safe. Stop trying this." he said without looking at her.

Stop trying what? She barely did anything.

Taehyung had no idea what was going on either. Mirror world, indeed, he thought. But there could only be one Taehyung. Body, mind, soul, spirit. His hand twitched towards his sword, but relaxed when a young boy bounded into the room excitedly.

"Sanji did you eat yet?" Y/n asked, turning her attention to the little boy.

The boy froze in the corridor but then turned and ran to the opposite side to hide in another room.

Though there was a lot of confusion for a moment, it all seemed to promise to settle when Dr. V sat down and urged Y/n to leave. She didn't want to apparently, but one long unwavering dark look from V and she was already shrinking like a scared little kitty.

He led her to the dark room in the corner, nobody could understand why she was giggling silly though, but then after Sanji walked out of the room a long uncomfortable and silence followed. Then V exited the room as well - only to lock the door securely behind himself.