⁰¹⁶ | a deal with the fiends

»»————>✧༺✥༻✧<————««

Whoever WHOEVER read the previous chapter on Thursday, I apologize for the eyebleed 😂💀 did I mention I'm in writer's block rn

»»————>✧༺✥༻✧<————««««

"You have infuriated them," Jungkook informs you as soon as you pop back into the mansion and you sit up cross-legged watching Coco roll away sadly.

"Why?"

"You could have died. It was not worth the risk. Jin Hyung will never let a coven brother break apart and die out."

"Like I know how soft your hearts are after you called me your sacrificial lamb and let him leave telling him to never come back?!"

"How did you know we were watching you?"

You roll your eyes, "I'm not dumb.. I could tell. It was still nasty of you to not lend help sooner knowing he's suffering."

"His charm will not let him succumb that easily anyway," Jungkook shrugs, corners of his lips tugging down in apathy, "He is capable of protecting himself for another thousand years. He's the most selfish one amongst us, just so you know."

"Yeah, well. If you seem this unbothered about your brother, someone has got to grow the balls to be selfish!"

He seems taken aback, eyes blinking rapidly in surprise. "Now, WAIT a minute- are you defending Taehyung?!" corners of his eyes crinkled wickedly, "You fell for his.. charms? You also fed him." he reaches over to squish your cheeks, "Awwwww! Cute lil mortal. Don't be foole-"

Your face burns with humiliation. You kick him in the tummy and hide your face between your shoulders, "It's called humanity! Which apparently you 'immortals' don't have!"

He sits up chortling raucously, "Wel-"

"Cherry?" Namjoon blazes at the both of you, interrupting Jungkook with an unimpressed expression, "Can we speak to you, please? This way."

You hesitantly nod and get up. Since Jungkook is amicable in nature, you are more comfortable around him but Namjoon still intimidates you a little. What other members are like is still a mystery..

He leads you to a room with big oak furnishings and golden ornate carvings bedecking every inch of the ceiling and walls. A four-poster sits in the island of marshy velvet carpets and a head pokes from behind the screen that hangs loosely around the bed.

"Please take a seat." Jin pulls an upholstered wing chair next to his and gestures for you to get comfortable.

You sit down when Namjoon nods encouragingly before taking his seat to face the both of you.
"Let's talk," Jin says promptly and you grimace.

"I have questions I need to be answered," you begin curtly before he can start and he nods half-heartedly, "Go on."

"Is he okay, though? Does that happen often?" You point your chin at him.

Jin's eyes follow yours and then he breathes out heavily.

"No." He says shortly.

"No?"

"No. It hasn't happened before."

An unexplainable fear grips your heart and without realising you quickly blurt out your worries.