⁰⁴⁹ | the secret keeper

"Before we get into why you trusted me with this..."

Jungkook throws his head back to gaze at the clearing skies now.

"No. Actually. What made you trust me enough to expose your identity like that?"

He glances at Cherry who sits staring at her yellow boots in front of her with her eyes hidden under the hood of her Akatsuki raincoat.

She remained silent.

"Do you know how dangerous I could be for you right now?"

His voice had dropped a serious octave lower and a chill ran down Cherry's spine.

She hugged her knees to keep warm.

She doesn't even feel brave enough to look him in the eyes but she nods slowly.

"But if you have imprinted on me..."

"You are so cunning, lady." Jungkook shakes his head, a small wry smile coming to stretch over his lips, "Knowing well enough how I feel for you, you took advantage of my weakness. Not that I blame you."

"Thank you." she says shamelessly.

He chuckles, a hard look in his eyes.

Then a silence falls over them as Cherry wonders what he's thinking so hard.

He has chuckled once or twice darkly to himself before dropping his head to look into his lap and up at the skies again. He seems...

Troubled. Restless.

"And so?" he asks with a dry laugh, "Now what?"

"Huh?" she blinks in confusion, fidgeting with her fingers nervously. Her heart picks pace and her intestines knot together uncomfortably on catching the expression splattered across his face.

As if he's scheming something.

"What do you expect me to do?" he flashes her a wicked smirk, "I could turn my weakness into my strength...Blackmail you using this... Maybe, if I mark you... we could see an agreement."

The way her stomach just drops.

She did not expect him to behave like this.

His smile disappears as he creeps closer to her, a starved, feral look spreading across his gorgeous features.

She remains frozen, watching him with wide fearful eyes. She didn't want to make any wrong move or piss him off, so she chose to stay still even as she sees him lean in, and then feels his soft warm lips linger over her neck.

"I'm about to mark you," he whispers against her skin. "And you should be okay with that."

She is not.

But she swallows hard and he literally hears her gulp, which makes an amused smile tug at his lips.

"It won't hurt much. It lasts approximately one month...until the next full moon, most likely. Then I will mark you the second time...and the third time we copulate t—"