⁰²⁷ | bucketful of stories

"Aigoo.. For what?"

To become this man's sacrifice

You nod at Jungkook to wait at the elevator as you hug Mama at your doorstep.

"I want to tell you something.."

»»---->✧༺✥༻✧<----««

"Bye, Mama!"

You wave at her, lips trembling while you watch her turn to twist the knob at the door.

"Cherry!" she calls from far away.

"Yes?"

"Err.."

Yes?"

"Y/N..."

Your heart stops.

She never called you that name before. You're trying not to be overwhelmed as you digest the fact that she literally called you by the name he gave you.

Before handing you to her.

Since you don't even remember who he is.. She never mentioned it after just one time but then named you what you preferred calling yourself.

Cherry.

"Good luck, Y/N. You'll be missed."

"I'll miss you too"

The elevators open and you step in as she steps in her own house.

"Go now!" she screams.

You both wave at each other.

"I love you Mama!"

"Get lost already!" she throws her flopper at the elevators and it falls inside before the doors close.

You look at it and laugh before bending down and stuffing it into your rucksack to Jungkook's surprise.

And then..

That laugh vanishes.

You're trying not to cry, but your lips don't stop trembling as Jungkook wraps his hands around you and pulls you into a gentle hug.

You break down weeping.

His hand comes to stroke your hair gently as he comforts you. He has nothing to tell you.

Watching you cry like that makes his heart break all over.

"Cherry.." he calls softly.

"Ye-s?" your muffled voice cracks as he crushes your head into his chest.

"We.. We don't have to do this. Please.."

You shake your head.

"I'm gaining my memories.." you say softly, "but if I fail anyway, I can't.. J-Jungkook, I can't go back on my word-"

Your eyes fly open when your back hits the wall of the elevators and he takes your face in his hands.

"Jungkook, what-"

"I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" he looks concerned as his eyes burn into yours. He's so close, you have to look in one eye at a time and they do that little confused dance between his eyes before you regain composure.

"No, but what's going o-"

"Just changing the scenario." he shrugs, "It's been over thirty chapters and nobody has done this."