⁰⁴⁰ | mayhem

«P R E V I O U S L Y»

"Rest well, little sister, for I have come to avenge you,"

And everybody fell asleep.

-

The giant white flowers withered rapidly, and plopped down to the ground in a limp pile.

Instead of a harp, a sword formed in Sabira's grip that she swung down to stab Taehyung but a flaming red cloak suddenly wrapped over his body making the sword shatter into a million pieces.

Cherry massaged her neck as she sat up, "Wanna try that again?" she smirked at her sister.

On finding a sword pointed between her clavicle, Sabira's dark glare dissolved into a sly smile, "How did you know?"

"How could I not?" Cherry beamed pleasantly, "Your energy is unmistakable, Your Majesty."

That is when Sabira's tightly pulled back snarling lips curved into an amused smile. Her youthfully gorgeous features shrivelled into her skin as it stretched across her skull to reveal an obnoxious middle aged smiling woman with translucent skin and big pretty eyes.

"My energy?" The Queen chuckled as she got to her feet and walked away, "So you have regained your memories after all."

Cherry grinned impishly, "Naturally, I did." she lied.

She had not. At least not the details.

Yet.

"Sabira learnt long ago that I never died, so why would she even avenge my death? Besides," Cherry added delicately as she got to her feet, "my sister doesn't need a sword when she has the harp. You did a decent job at imitating her energy though."

The Queen scoffed airily as she reached to toe Taehyung, but Cherry's cloak whipped at her feet fiercely to protect him.

"He is an assassin." The Queen tested the waters to see if Cherry's memories really were back as she snickered girlishly, "Weren't you devoted to the Prince? Didn't you begin to loathe this man after he betrayed you?"

"I did." Cherry, who clearly had no inkling, agreed light-heartedly, "But as someone who's born to rebel against you, Your Majesty, I will protect him if you try to harm him. Just for the heck of it."

"Born to rebel against me, is it?" The Queen noted with an entertained nod, "And what if I asked you to forget what happened in the past? Join my cult," she held out her hand for Cherry to shake, "All that you want shall become yours."

"Join you?" looking at the hand, Cherry bursted into a fit of dubious laughter, "Are you seriously here to negotiate with me, Your Majesty?"

"Negotiate?" The Queen blinked as she took her hand back, vainly tilting her chin up, "I am merely giving you a chance to join me and end your misery. Are you not tired of always suffering? You could take my hand and everything would change."

"Forgive me, Your Majesty, but if joining you means I must oppress others and destroy countless lives," Cherry clasped her sword tighter, "I think I like this kind of suffering I am in when I stand against you. I exist as nothing but your nemesis."

"You are deluded if you believe you can ever go against me and not be destroyed yourself," the Queen began strolling across the enochian sigils leisurely, "I am powerful in this world as well as in the other one. Do you never wonder why Noran tried to keep your identities hidden and assume fake ones? They were hiding from me, like cowards. I stand in a position where none of you can touch me-"