Chapter - 1 Sour Situations

Helena POV :

"Don't worry dad, even if I am in my worst possible state I would never come back to you for help because, I quite well know how you and mom are going to treat me, not forgetting about Steve and Diana. I would better die committing a suicide than making myself being a maid in your house."

"Helena, you better behave yourself and not get the frustrations out of your own misery be thrown at us''

"Naah. This is not the frustration out of my own misery, this is what I had felt all through my life till date, right when I had started understanding things. "I am not your son" ! dad and that's what makes me different in yours and mom's eyes and lives. Everything I do is judged and you both wanted every part of my life under your control. You did achieve that dad and today, I am breaking the chains that you have tied around me free. I am leaving Dad, for myself, for my own good.''

''if that's what you decided, you better take nothing with you from this house that's been bought by me.''

I dropped the bag I was holding, placed mobile on the tea-table, opened the other box that stood next to the table and pulled out a file that contained certificates. I took a small wallet from handbag and placed the handbag next to the mobile. Turning around to my dad who was gritting his teeth in anger, I made a quick glance at my mom who looked appalled and shocked while my brother Steve stood blank. Diana my sister-in-law was with her parents and had no idea what was happening here.

"This file has all my certificates, which I presume is because of my hard work and let me remind you dad, you never paid any fees because my whole education was on scholarship. Passport and Identity card, because it is by the government... not that you paid. The clothes and sneakers I have put on has been bought by me with my part-time job. So I can leave putting on these. The purse which I bought myself has my card and the amount in the account is also the result of my part-time job. Practically and literally, I am not taking away anything with me that you bought. ''

A lone tear escaped my eye which I quickly wiped off and turned to leave from the house I grew up since past 20 years. I am leaving with nothing except confidence and fear. Confidence that I can fight this world on my own, fear that I might end up being lonely forever. My steps were quick but aimless. I had lot to figure out because I didn't make a plan – B for this action of my life. As soon as I passed the gates of the white villa I turned back to take a final look at it.

"Viceroys Villa'' a golden name plate shone on the wall next to the gate. Matthew Viceroy, currently 56 years old, father of Steve Viceroy and Helena Viceroy-that's me was a successful Investment banker and made quite a fortune during his work days. Rose Viceroy currently 52 years old is a dutiful wife to Matthew Viceroy and is the boss of the house. While Matthew was managing the big-wigs investments, Rose was managing the house and other concerning things. They are perfect couple and that is the truth. But coming to being parents-no they were and are not perfect parents. They are biased and orthodox , who had given priority and importance to their son Steve Viceroy and their daughter is just another child who was born probably because they hadn't used protection. Matthew and Rose had expectations and hopes only from Steven and whatever Steven demanded was offered without a word. Steven is a pampered person even till date and he is not bad with me but to say he was not good too. As I was just another child to my parents, I was just another person living in their house for Steve. The bond between a brother and sister never existed between us. Well how could it exist, when the ones who had to make Steve understand and establish the bond never cared. Steve married the girl of his choice - Diana Viceroy previously known as Diana Newman. Together they had a lovely little girl Melody who is now 5 years.

Steve is 7 years older than me and got married when he was 21 to Diana. An year after their marriage Diana gave birth to Melody and they were happy with how their life was going. He took over Matthews's business and Matthew and Rose were more than happy to give him their business. To talk about Diana it's a story for other day.