Chapter 10

Waiting in IHOP for Mikel to come any minute now, I was a bit nervous. Like what if we don't click like we used to. What if we both have different ideas and clash like some random strangers. I closed my eyes and exhaled. "You never told me you sleep here" Mikel said. And my eyes popped opened and there was Mikel with the brightest smile ever. "Hey!" I smiled and got up to hug him. "What's up Jaidell?" He chuckled hugging me. "I missed you!" I said then sat back down. "You know I missed you way more, but what's up? How you doing?" He smiled. "Same ol Jai. Forever somebody's stylist and still have the same dreams. What about you? I can't believe you're actually hear" I smiled. "Yeah your boy is back in Cali. I had to show out and I missed you so much. But my dreams changed" he shrugged. You couldn't tell Mikel that he wasn't going to be a fireman or he would curse you out. Adult or not you couldn't try to knock his dreams of saving people from dangerous fires. "You're lying?!" I gasped. Mikel laughed and shook his head no. "So what's your dreams now?" I smiled. "Oh now I'm about to go to school for the law" he said. "I remember you hated cops! What made you change your mind?" "I'm going to be a judge". I nodded my head. "You're going to have money and are you going to let me go for my reckless driving?" I giggled. "You know I got you" he smiled. Here came our waitress with her notepad. "Hello I'm Janet, I'm your waitress for the day. What can I get you?" She asked. We gave our orders then Janet walked away. "So what you think should the shower theme should be?" Mikel asked me. "I haven't really been going crazy, but I think it should be a circus or Las Vegas theme and you?" I asked him. "You got some fly ideas but I was thinking like a princess theme or safari. And I been thinking on some ideas knowing that you girls love decorating" Mikel smiled. Damn this boy did his homework and then some. "Well lay it on me" I smiled since I didn't have anything but two random themes. We kept on talking while we ate our food. And Brianna called my phone.

"Hey Bri"

"Heyyy Jai pooh. Are you still waiting on Mikel yellow ass?"

"No he's actually right here brainstorming"

"Oh good. And if its anything I picked out this reaaal cute hot pink lace dress"

"Perfect because I'm about to give us a new idea so adios prego"

"Okay. Behave yourself". Brianna and I started laughing then I hung up on her. "What's your new idea?" Mikel smiled. "Okay so I was thinking how about a Disney princess baby theme?" I asked. "That's perfect! We both know how Brianna used to be obsessed with the Disney princesses so that's good. When are we starting everything?" Mikel asked. "Today. I have everybody's address and all we need to do is order everything else" "We about the time of our lives". And we started laughing then paid for the bill. "So we heading to party store right?" Mikel asked. "Yeah and hey how did you get here?" I asked putting on my shades. Today the sun was beaming down in full effect. "I brought my car. Why?" he smiled. "I have my car as well. Okay we'll meet each other there and Mikel if you ditch me!" I laughed making him laugh as well. "I won't do that Jai. Trust me." He said. "Okay see you there" I said then got in my car. Driving along Mikel he was dangerous, making me laugh and making silly faces. We parked our cars then walked inside of the party store. "Hey how may I help you?" Damia asked. "Hey Damia, but we need to make orders for a baby shower" I said. "Okay come with me and I see you upgraded hella good from Treys sorry ass" she said as we followed her. And I started laughing. "No this is my long time friend" I smiled and we sat with her. Placing the orders in, I know Damia hands were cramping. Buy sorry this is my god child/ cousin she's has to have it all. "Thanks Damia! And tell Trey hey" I said then we left. "That was long and I already got a center for little miss Kapri the princess" Mikel said. "Cool. Can we check it out? And you know we are going to have to decorate the center?" I smirked. "Kapri better live me with all her heart" Mikel joked and I laughed at him. "Me too tuh!" I added. "You not lying but come on and follow me" he said hopping in his candy apple red Altima. I got back in my car and let Mikel lead the way. For him to just be coming back to LA, he's kicking traffic ass ! I'll tell you that, go Kel !! Checking out the center, which was big as a house. We paid for the reservations then went back to my house. "Mommy guess who's here" I smiled walking in the kitchen. "Who?" She asked chopping up her carrots. "Turn around" I cooed and she just looked behind her. 'Oh my god!! Mikel look at you!!" She yelled running to hug him. "Hi ma" he chuckled hugging her. "Boy how you been? And what you doing back here?" She smiled. "Brianna's and Corey baby shower. They made me the baby god father" he smiled. Awww he was hype lol ! "Oh yeah? How's college?" My mom asked him. "Its good but I can't wait to go back already" Mikel said. "That's good freshman. Feel that way until you're a Senior" she smiled. "I am. Its nice seeing you ma" Mikel smiled hugging her again. "Come on let's do the invitations" I said grabbing his hand and jogged up the stairs. Mikel looked around my room and sat on my plush couch. Everyone's favorite spot. "What happened to all the Chris brown posters?" He smirked. I laughed and put half of the invitations on his lap. "In my closet. I didn't want anybody to mess them up, those are classics" I giggled then sat on my bed. "You're still obsessed I swe" he chuckled. I sucked my teeth and said "whatever boy. You're just mad you still isn't old enough to be close to Bey" and we started laughing. "I'm over Beyonce she got a child" hMikel laughed. "You're a loser" I laughed. And we started writing on the invitations and stuffing them with tiny pacifiers, pink & purple glitter and crowns. "Here we are splitting the addresses too" I said and gave him half. Going back to work Mikel laid on my couch while I laid on my bed. "Hey are ya hungry?" My mom asked us. "No ma iim still stuffed off IHOP but can you save me a plate?" Mikel asked her. "Me too mmy. Thanks love" I said and she laughed at us. "Okay and Korey is downstairs so when ya are done. Introduce them Jai" she said then left the room. "Who's that?" mikel asked. "He's my step brother" I said and sat up on my bed. I was finished already. "Jai I know you not done" Mikel said. I flashed him a smile and he started smiling. "Yo I'm only on like my fifth one" Mikel said shaking his head. "I'll help you move over" I said and laid next to him and grabbed some of the envelopes. "Good looking Jaidell" he said. "No problem Mikel" I sighed.