Every Line Crossed

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This is a stand-alone story but to avoid confusion and for a better reading experience, I suggest you read the preceding installments of the series.

Rugged Series #1: Every Step Away

Rugged Series #2: Every Missing Piece

Rugged Series #3: Every Reason Why

Warning: This story contains some parts that are not suitable for young readers. Please read at your own risk.

Welcome to the last installment!

Rugged Series #4: Every Line Crossed

xxx

ELC0

Prologue

Life.

A simple four-letter-word that can be easily defined by almost everyone. It's a big thing in science, never wider and deeper than any in philosophy, the quintessential surrounding body of spirituality, and the one that is always present in every part of the world.

The definition of life can be different from a person to a person. I think, almost everyone has their own way of describing it. And out of those people who can raise debates, organize one good structured speech, create a perfect analogy, answer straightforwardly, point-out details or those who know the answer inside... there was me.

"Ma'am Kill! Ma'am!"

I sighed deeply and opened my eyes. I reached for my champagne flute just beside my bathtub and take a sip.

"Ma'am! Ma'am!"

I clicked my tongue in annoyance. Damn it! She's always so loud!

My glaring eyes immediately flew on the door of my bathroom when it aggressively opened. Criselle chuckled awkwardly. She even raised her hand a little to gave me a stiff wave.

"Ay sorry, Ma'am hehe..." she said.

I hissed at her direction. She took a step backward while scratching the back of her head.

"Eh, nasa baba kasi si Kuya mo, Ma'am..."

"Obviously... they live here."

She pouted like a duck. "Hindi kaya Ma'am! Minsan na nga lang sila dito 'di tulad dati..." her voice sounds so sad. "Bumaba ka na kasi, Ma'am! Hinahanap ka!"

"Why do you have to be so buzzy about it? You're shouting like there's an emergency! You even interrupted my peaceful bath!"

"Eh... utos kasi ni Sir Rion, Ma'am eh..."

I scowled when I saw how she put some strands of her hair on the back of her ear. She even wet her lips like she's thinking of something provocative.

Oh, damn.

"Bilis na, Ma'am!"

I glared at her! Look at this bitch giving me orders!

"Labas! Am I supposed to move out of here in front of you?! Do you want to see me naked?!" I asked her irritably.

She shouted and she immediately put her hands on her eyes.

"Ay! No! No! Maganda ka, Ma'am pero boylet hanap ko!" she said, rushing out and closing the door of my bathroom. I was about to rise up but the bathroom door opened again and Criselle's head showed up again.