ELC4

ELC4

I sighed deeply and let go of the dustpan. I wipe the sweats in my forehead using the back of my palm!

Oh my! It's too hard! Why does the front lawn have to be so big! And why do the leaves keep on falling from the trees around?! Hindi tuloy ako matapos! My back is already hurting because of ducking for so long!

"Why are you so makalat huh!" I scowled on the largest tree.

I stretched my back with my hand on my hips. Gosh! I felt like I aged for 10 years! Only our elder house helps do this kind of stretching because of their aching body! I never know it could really be this satisfying!

"Aray..." I mumbled to myself.

My eyes widen and I immediately straightened my back when I saw a figure of a man walking out of the front door. I held the dustpan again and start working my ass off.

"Good morning, Senyorito!" I happily greeted him while still sweeping using the broomstick that I was holding even if my eyes are very focused on the beautiful man who just walked out to grace the earth once again with his godly figure!

Ehh...

He turned to me. He was just wearing a normal gray t-shirt, old denim pants, and boots but he looks so good. He looks well-rested.

I pouted because I was jealous! I don't really wanna wake up early because who the hell would wake up early?!-But Jem woke me up as per Ate Glen's order daw. It was very sad because I just slept. It's still hard for me to create a sleep kaya! Yes, my bed has a mattress but it's still very hard! And it's so hot! My space is so small too!

Six stopped with his forehead, creased. I stood up straight and face him with a smile.

"Nagwawalis ako!" I said and raised the broomstick a little to prove him.

See! I'm working hard! You don't need to fire me!

My smile vanished when I saw him rolled his eyes, sighed, and walked away. Wow! That's it? Walang 'Good Morning too, beautiful!'? He's really boring!

And what's with the eye-rolling? Where did he learn that?

But at least, his eye rolls are better than Criselle's who seems electrified when her eyes are rolling!

"Reese! Tapos ka na ba? May iuutos-"

I turned to the voice direction. I saw Ate Glen, half-running towards me. She stopped on her tracked when she saw me. I smiled and waved at her.

"Ate, ang daming kalat!" I said.

Ate roamed her eyes around. I looked at her proudly, waiting for her compliment! I did it all! Nawala ang ngiti ko noong makita ko siyang napatampal ng noo.

Why? What's wrong?

"Sa ginagawa mong 'yan, Reese. Hindi talaga mauubos ang kalat." She said and approached me. My eyes didn't leave her. She sighed and took the broomstick to me.

I eyed her curiously.

"Kahit pa maghapon kang magwalis, hindi mauubos 'to kung hindi mo naman nilalagay sa basurahan!" she said, walking on the pile of leaves and garbage that I did. She used the dustpan and the broomstick to scoop some and she walked on a big black bag to put it inside. She walked back to me.

"Lilipadin lang 'to ng hangin at kahit isang taon ka dito, hindi ka matatapos!"

My lips parted and I nodded. Kaya pala! It's not the trees' fault! It's the wind's! Huh...

I stood up in my place as I watch Ate Glen do the work for me.

"Go, Ate!" I cheered her and clapped.